Diablo rankings...

1,593 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by swc93
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm not a gamer but a friend of mine says he's in the top 10 out of 12 billion in this game and could quit his job and make much more just streaming all day.
Where are these rankings and can he really make this much money doing this? He was saying around $1000/day.
ac04
my old girlfriend from oklahoma was gonna fly out for the dance but she couldn't cause she's doing some modeling right now.
PeekingDuck
AG
Streaming is certainly a legitimate career right now, but I doubt your friend is Top 10 and no one really cares about Diablo 3. Check out Twitch if you want to understand what he's talking about.

Just checked numbers and Diablo 2 actually has more current viewers than Diablo 3. Both are under 1,000 viewers, which is way too low for a streaming career. About the only thing he could be doing is selling items to idiots and he ain't making 1,000 a day doing that.
TyHolden
AG
That's underwhelming. He's spending a lot of money on this. Is there anything specific I can send him to tell him he's making a big mistake. Tia
Madmarttigan
AG
That no one watches diablo streams.... or generally cares about diablo 3 unless it is the first few weeks or month of a new season.
boboguitar
AG
Quote:

About the only thing he could be doing is selling items to idiots and he ain't making 1,000 a day doing that.
Not anymore, they took that out a long long time ago.
Dread Pirate Roberts
They're not shutting down the servers anytime soon, are they? I was just thinking about D3 this week. I haven't played in a couple of years, but want to make another run through it soon.
YouBet
AG
Buddy of mine growing up held the world record score in Galaga back in the '80s. True story.
TyHolden
AG
YouBet said:

Buddy of mine growing up held the world record score in Galaga back in the '80s. True story.
was this kept up through carrier pigeon?
YouBet
AG
DSAg44 said:

YouBet said:

was this kept up through carrier pigeon?

Lol. I'm not sure but we had this little magazine that tracked high scores on the major games of the day and he held the title for a while.
boboguitar
AG
YouBet said:

What's it like being friends with one of the founders of Microsoft?
TyHolden
AG
YouBet said:

how many quarters did he waste at the piggly wiggly?
Eliminatus
AG
Top ten of what exactly? What is he using to base his ranking on?
YouBet
AG
DSAg44 said:

YouBet said:

It was free. His dad owned the bowling alley where he set the record.
TyHolden
AG
YouBet said:

DSAg44 said:

YouBet said:

It was free. His dad owned the bowling alley where he set the record.
another reason to own a bowling alley
chigger
AG
Eliminatus said:

Top ten of what exactly? What is he using to base his ranking on?

This is what I want to know too. Diablo seasons are like 2-4 months and then reset. Each character has their own ladder then each group size. Most of the tops are all foreign teams that just power through the first day.

I don't know what you would do or "sell" anymore in that game to make money. I can't imagine anyone watching it on twitch unless they were just trying to get a few tips. The only thing I can think of is tips for builds based on the new patches, but I don't see how you could make $1k a month much less a day.

I usually jump on the first week or so of each season and get the season rewards and then quit.
HalifaxAg
AG
mfbarnes is on the nerdery forum too?
Tomdoss92
AG
DSAg44 said:

I'm not a gamer but a friend of mine says he's in the top 10 out of 12 billion in this game and could quit his job and make much more just streaming all day.
Where are these rankings and can he really make this much money doing this? He was saying around $1000/day.
current world population is approx 7.6 Billion.

so if everyone has more than one account... yup, sounds legit.
Madmarttigan
AG
I would be surprised if there are currently over 12 thousand players on at any time at the moment since the season came out a couple months ago.

There are only a few games that might make you that kind of money like DOTA,LOL, or PUBG.
AtlAg05
AG
My only guess is top 10 GR clear. But yeah those streamers that make money have also been doing it for years and have developed a following. You won't start making $1k/day right off the bat, especially on a dead game like D3.

The other option is it was a tongue in cheek comment and wasn't meant to be taken seriously.
Hagen95
AG
Making top 10 on the D3 leader board is pretty cool but it isn't going to make you a money making streamer.
swc93
AG
Just purchased D3 for the Xbone. Son and I are having a blast playing it together.

Such a stupid easy game but so damn addicting that I buy it again/again with each new gaming device that I can.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.