Gmail sync frequency

742 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AggieDruggist89
drewbie08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I get really annoyed at times with the frequency of gmail notifications for a new email. Sometimes I'll get 5-7 emails in a matter of minutes. I realize I have a few options to combat this:

1. unsubscribe to the various email sources - I have been doing this to some degree
2. disable the auto-sync feature

I don't want to complete turn off the auto-sync feature if I don't have to. I vaguely remember in the past I was able to change the sync frequency to every 20 mins, hour, etc. I have looked all through my phone's (samsung galaxy 7) and in my gmail settings. Is still an option that is available? TIA!
IslandAg76
AG
I have no answer BUT...since it's a GMail thread might as well toss this in there too.

I have up to 10 of the same entries in my contacts on my Android phone and in my desktop computer. I tell it to merge duplicates and it merges a couple but nowhere near all the ones with excessive numbers.

How do I get them merged without going thru one by one?

Thanks
drewbie08
AG
I found a solution to my issue. I disabled the gmail app and switched over to the Samsung mail app. You can change the sync frequency with that one. Very useful.
BrazosDog02
AG
Yeah, I think gmail just pushes mail as it checks it. It is not selectable by you as the system somehow uses an algorithm to decide how often to check for mail based on how much mail you receive. I set up my alternate emails up through gmail, and when they are new, itll only check like 3 times a day. Once I start getting a lot of mail, it will check every few minutes.

AggieDruggist89
AG
If you turn off background data under mobile data in settings under network/wifi connection, Gmail only syncs when you open the app.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.