***** PUBG Xbox Thread *****

40,796 Views | 448 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Phat32
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
E said:

WooHoo!!! now I get to get disconnected routinely from a new map!

Naw man, naw... it's PUBG 1.0... the real deal... it's going to be totally legit... 100%, guaranteed, book it!!!!
jr15aggie
AG
Didn't get a chance to play... how was 1.0???
AgFB
AG
New map is not bad. Very small and plays a lot quicker. Graphics seem to be more polished. NO CRASHES YET.
E
AG
New map makes you loot fast and you will always have enemies dropping right by you. You are guaranteed M416/QBZ/Vector and lots of ammo wherever you are.
jr15aggie
AG
Played a couple after work. New map is great for solo. I'm a fan.
jr15aggie
AG
Don't want to take away from the core game which is great, but this smaller map with higher density of weapons & supplies is a nice change of pace. Be interesting to play this in squads, but even on solo I like the faster pace.

And the QBZ with a vertical fore-grip, compensator, and a 2-4x scope... all day!!!
sdc177
AG
May have to give it a try tonight!
jr15aggie
AG
Anybody else pony up $10 for the event pass? I'm ashamed to say that I did. Had $100 in xbox gift cards (turned 40 last month so friends & family were generous with gifts) so I figured what the heck!!!

It's pretty much pointless, but gives you stuff to work on while you are playing the game. I'm also not against supporting the devs. Yes the game has issues, but definitely my favorite game of the year so hopefully they keep patching/improving with idiots like me giving them $10 for crappy gear that I really don't even like all that much!
sdc177
AG
jr15aggie said:

Anybody else pony up $10 for the event pass? I'm ashamed to say that I did. Had $100 in xbox gift cards (turned 40 last month so friends & family were generous with gifts) so I figured what the heck!!!

It's pretty much pointless, but gives you stuff to work on while you are playing the game. I'm also not against supporting the devs. Yes the game has issues, but definitely my favorite game of the year so hopefully they keep patching/improving with idiots like me giving them $10 for crappy gear that I really don't even like all that much!

I did the event pass on pc and it was a lot of fun but i'm glad they haven't done it again. Once or twice a year would be good. Sometimes you find yourself doing very strange things to hit goals.
sdc177
AG
By the way, Tambang and the place just north of it are my favorite drop spots.
AgsWin2011
AG
Is the full release a free update for those of us who already owned the beta?
jr15aggie
AG
Heismenberg said:

Is the full release a free update for those of us who already owned the beta?

Assuming you are talking about the Xbox preview version that you had to pay for, yes, you get the full game now that it is released.
jr15aggie
AG
It appears I'm not always getting good hit indicators (blood splatter) when I'm shooting guys. Anybody else?

When I engage at long/medium range (against opponents I'm pretty sure are at full health) I'm not getting good hit indicators. I feel like I haven't even hit them at all but once I re-position and re-engage I drop them in a hit or two which tells me that I was hitting them before.

I can't say if it's happening at close range, I typically just close my eyes, empty the clip and hope for the best during those circumstances!!!
GoneForGood
jr15aggie said:

I can't say if it's happening at close range, I typically just close my eyes, empty the clip and hope for the best during those circumstances!!!
The "Spray N Pray" method is a valid strategy.
GoneForGood
My thoughts from playing several matches on the new map:

I refuse to play the bigger maps now because I like how fast paced the matches are. I also like how the loot is very abundant so I'm never worrying about having to find a decent gun (Looking at you Vector). I also LOVE how there are rarely any windows in any buildings so I can sneak in rather than announce myself with a door opening.

Very happy with the new map.
jr15aggie
AG
OK, so I'm tired of sucking at this game. Or perhaps the better description is I'm very inconsistent.

Here's the main issue I've been having since the XB1 released... the damn thumb sticks are too loose!!!

In both 1st & 3rd person games I'm constantly fighting the loose sticks while aiming. Doesn't matter whether it's an online game or a single player like Tomb Raider or Just Cause... I'm all over the place compared to the 360. Noticed it right away with BF4 at launch. I figured I'd get use to it but I haven't. Even on games like Rocket League I have a hard time making those fine tune adjustments... I end up over steering on many occasions.

I was a significantly better player with the 360 controller. So, I hit up battle beaver customs and ordered a new controller with tensioned sticks (suppose to be the same tension as the 360).

I'll definitely report back sometime next week when I get it. And if I still suck afterwards... well, then I just suck I guess! I'll blame it on old age or something!
AgFB
AG
thread resurrect...Can't get video to load correctly...so

https://xboxclips.com/rufftamu/22c53a60-9175-47da-bf50-a0a1ac4dd4a1
Agmaniacmike12
Random bump
NC2001
AG
I haven't played any console games in years, so I don't have the latest console. However, I noticed that there is a PUBG mobile available for your phone and iPad. Is that just as good as the console version? To me, this game looks much more appealing than Fortnite.
Aggietaco
AG
I tried to play once a few weeks back. Couldn't remember any of the controls and spent too much time trying to get a gun customized.
Quailmeezy
AG
Still a good group of TexAgs guys that squad up nightly!
sdc177
AG
Maybe I'll try to get on tonight from the cabin. What kind of internet speed is necessary for me to be competitive?
thewhiteegg
AG

This is how I roll
Quailmeezy
AG
You just always have to make an entrance...
NC2001
AG
Just a followup: I downloaded the PUBG Mobile app on my iPad and all I can say is that it's very addicting! Yes I did pay to upgrade to the season pass, but it was worth it. I had to modify the screen controls a bit to make game play much smoother (kept hitting the shoot icon by accident when moving around; noise got me killed!). I may pony up the cash and purchase a used Xbox One just for PUBG.
NICU Dad
AG
NC2001 said:

Just a followup: I downloaded the PUBG Mobile app on my iPad and all I can say is that it's very addicting! Yes I did pay to upgrade to the season pass, but it was worth it. I had to modify the screen controls a bit to make game play much smoother (kept hitting the shoot icon by accident when moving around; noise got me killed!). I may pony up the cash and purchase a used Xbox One just for PUBG.

quite a few guys play on mobile in this clan...

TexasAggies

Kdub, FleffT, and I are some of the ones there - my PUBG handle is trip9801
E
AG
I'm off all week while between jobs and the GF is gone for work for a few days, that should mean lots of PUBG right? I log in and everyone's gone...

Aggietaco
AG
I almost booted it up last night when I saw you were solo. I don't remember any of the controls so it wouldn't have been good.
Kramer
AG
Not sure if anyone is on console, but I knock around from time to time. Gt: TheTyrantsTitan
"The only happy Aggie is an unhappy Aggie." Shelby Metcalf
Phat32
AG
Just hopped back into this since FN Ch2 sucks ass. Such greatness. A slower burn than FN, but love the level playing field with no PC crossplay bull**** and no builder pro try hards.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.