PAX South 2018

1,796 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Bryan98
Pman17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My tickets shipped! Wow, much earlier than a week before!

Who's going?
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
I did the digital version. I'm super excited. I still need to get a hotel lined up.
Average Joe
AG
I may make it for Saturday only this year. Can't do the Thursday - Sunday trip like some years past.
Pman17
AG
Same
Driving up Friday morning, driving back Sunday. Got a Saturday Pass. Last year I did the same with a full weekend pass but Sunday morning I felt sick had to go home earlier than planned. Gonna mostly be playing board games. Don't care much for the panels or show floor unless there's a really good panel, but the keynote is always the best but I can't make that.
Pman17
AG

Check ya'lls mail today
Azariah
AG
I will be there for Star Wars: Destiny. Since the judge swag is turrible, I decided to play, so I have to pick my passes up at will call. Looking forward to the trip, though.
PoohAh97
AG
I live there. Too old for most of it but I like t-shirts. Got my 3-day last week I think.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Got my tags Thursday. Are we going to have a meetup or something? I only bought Saturday but my buddy and I will be there from Friday to Sunday morning.
Predmid
AG
I have two 3-day passes, but I don't think I can go this year.
Bryan98
AG
AGSPORTSFAN07 said:

Got my tags Thursday. Are we going to have a meetup or something? I only bought Saturday but my buddy and I will be there from Friday to Sunday morning.

We've never had a meetup, but I've always thought about it. My crew is mostly Aggies. Not sure when the best time would be.

Either way, we spend most of our time in Tabletop playing various games. Last year I took a maroon tablecloth and spread it on one of the tables, making us easy to find.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Lemme know. I'll be there all day Saturday but that's it.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Anyone want to talk about their experience? I'm not gonna lie, I was a little underwhelmed with the digital end. The tabletop was pretty amazing though.
Pman17
AG
Digital was about the same size as it was with mostly indie stuff. I liked the big Monster Hunter dragon. There were no panels that interested me. Table top area was the same. I like how they did the merch booth this year, two years ago it was a nightmare. I was expecting PAX to be bigger but it wasn't.
Was expecting to see a bunch of people with Nintendo Switches but only saw a few. Mostly 3DSs and Pokemon players.
Mostly hangout at tabletop. I my main reason to go to this is to play tabletop games.
Got my Cyanide and Happiness game box and cards signed by the creators Rob and Dave. Waited an hour for that because they took the time to draw pictures on everyone's stuff. Ridiculous waiting in line but we'll worth the wait in the end.
Overall good PAX. Got my gf hooked into going again.
Bryan98
AG
As usual, my PAX consisted of going to the Penny Arcade Q&A and then playing a bunch of games in Tabletop, including with Pman and his girlfriend. I played Codenames, Werewords, Secret Hitler, and one game of Blood Rage during the con. Completely forgot to play Celebrities, mainly because you play it with paper and pens and I kept looking at my physical games to see what I had on hand.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Secret Hitler sounds interesting. I went to the tabletop panel which was a nice sit down. The panel was from the Dallas group but they had some others. I was really expecting a little more but that's ok. It was a fun trip none-the-less.
Marsh
AG
Bryan98
AG
What games did you play?
Vade281
AG
I was a huge fan of Due Process....it's been in dev for 4 years but it had a big presence as far as lines.

My favorite new board game is Captain Sonar. Had a lot of fun going 4 v 4 on it.

The booths were meh, but being able to check out a huge library of games was awesome.
PSN/XBOX/Origin/Epic/Steam/Uplay: Vade281
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
Marsh
AG
Bryan98
AG
Cool. I'm a big fan of Betrayal at House on the Hill, and played Pandemic Legacy in 2016. Great overall experience, although we felt it bogged down about 3/5 of the way through. I think maybe they fell in love with the idea of portraying 12 calendar months and let that dictate the design, rather than the number of months that they really had good content for. Of course, everyone loves the game, so that obviously didn't hurt them.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.