Hook up hotspot to wireless router

3,491 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BrazosDog02
Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

Is there a way to set up the router and hotspot LAN to LAN and let my TPLINK do the DHCP? Probably not, right? The only way to let TPLINK do DHCP is making the hotstpot WAN connection, yes?

How are you currently set up?
BrazosDog02
AG
I've tried both ways. Right now I am lan to lan. Hotspot is DHCP server. TPLINK is access point with DHCP disabled.

I was setup with TPLINK as DHCP and hotspot with ippassthrough hooked up through router WAN but hotspot was finicky and dropped my connection over night so I am trying it a different way.

I would just prefer my TPLINK to be doing the DHCP serving and didnt know if that was an option when connected LAN to LAN.

dubi
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

I've tried both ways. Right now I am lan to lan. Hotspot is DHCP server. TPLINK is access point with DHCP disabled.

I was setup with TPLINK as DHCP and hotspot with ippassthrough hooked up through router WAN but hotspot was finicky and dropped my connection over night so I am trying it a different way.

I would just prefer my TPLINK to be doing the DHCP serving and didnt know if that was an option when connected LAN to LAN.

Could this have been an isolated unrelated incident?

I occasionally have to reboot my Suddenlink modem then my access point.
BrazosDog02
AG
Could be. But its isolated to nearly every morning.
dubi
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

So it has a definite pattern..... :-)

Could it be downtime from your hotspot provider?
Bregxit
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

Sounds like the hotspot firmware has a bug when using IP passthrough. That would be the way to accomplish what you want to do though.
BrazosDog02
AG
Yeah. That's what I was using. When it is connected to the internet, the network runs great.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.