Star Wars Battlefront 2

23,294 Views | 255 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by exitone
GoneForGood
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Figured I'd start a thread on this.

I'm playing through the campaign and it's very well done. A little predictable plot wise but touches on a lot of classic stuff.

Multiplayer is loads of fun of course
Pman17
AG
I'm playing. I bought the standard edition though. Is the deluxe worth the extra $20? Can't continue campaign till Friday . Anyways, it's fun! Idk why reddit is complaining. Only 3 hours in and unlocked Vader. Would like to play with a group in multiplayer.
exitone
AG
I will start by saying I have played BF 2015 quite a bit (pretty much just Cargo the past year) and really enjoyed it.

I started on BF II yesterday, but only got to play for an hour or so. Admittedly, I'm probably struggling a bit with some of the new concepts and mechanics, but I haven't fallen in love with it yet.

1) the text is way too freaking small. I mean insanely small. I can't read anything

2) the visuals don't seem right to me. There is almost a slight blur and not enough contrast to everything. I think it might have something to do with the film grain, so I might need to play with those settings. Anyone else having problems with this?

3) I really miss Cargo. I enjoy playing the smaller maps. The fact that they only have 1 at launch was a bit of a surprise.

Aside from the loot box issue, I'm interested to hear what everyone else thinks
bankshot11
AG
Amazon delivered my copy today, one day late. So I have to complain at them about that

Exitone, I have the same feelings after playing for about 2 hours. For as much as the first was lacking, the "organized chaos" of the matches was pretty fun.

I'm tbanks2011 on XBone if anyone wants to play together
HeadGames
AG
Don't get mine till tomorrow at midnight I believe.
exitone
AG
I'm up for playing on Xbox if anyone wants to, I probably need to get a bit better before anyone would want to play though. I tried playing again last night and seemed to be getting my arse kicked pretty easily.

On BF2015, I pretty much just played Cargo. There was nothing worse than when I would end up in a game against an organized party who were all communicating via mics. If you coordinate correctly, you can really dominate the objective based games. We should get a TexAgs group together at some point. tbalnks2011, we might have to start a crew up.

My Xbox GT is: DarthAhsoka
jokershady
AG
Haven't started the campaign mode yet only been playing online since Monday.

Heard great things about the campaign and since my kids enjoy the stories waiting until they can see it
exitone
AG
I'm waiting for the same reason on the campaign, my kids really want to see the campaign story. I figure I will start on the weekend.
AGinHI
AG
I also played a lot of BF 2015.

From what I'm reading I'm not concerned with unlocking heroes, but the grind to obtain star cards that enhance game play. In fact I'm not certain why all the hoopla has been centered on the heroes.

Is this game pay to win?
Forum Troll
AG
AGinHI said:

I also played a lot of BF 2015.

From what I'm reading I'm not concerned with unlocking heroes, but the grind to obtain star cards that enhance game play. In fact I'm not certain why all the hoopla has been centered on the heroes.

Is this game pay to win?
You can spend either real life money or in game currency to open the loot crates which drop the star cards is my understanding. Can also do the same to unlock weapons/equipment and heroes. Pay to win depending on your perspective. I call it pay to unlock faster.
Naveronski
AG
This is relevant here:

https://texags.com/forums/30/topics/2905062
jr15aggie
AG
I'll be getting the standard digital version and downloading tonight. My son (7) friggin loves Battlefront and he's been watching trailers, etc. non stop for #2. He got straight A's so I'm rewarding him instead of making him wait till Christmas.

Naturally I'll get to play it too. I hear the graphics are insanely good on the One X so I'll try it out and let y'all know. Excited cause with 2 xbox's in the house now me and my boy can play online together. Good times!
tfunk02
AG
Built my first gaming PC rig, and this will be my first game on it. I'm going to suck for a while since I've never done mouse and keyboard, but I'm tfunk02 if anyone wants to join up. I have no friends on the PC yet.

k20dub
AG
Dad goals
renob forest
Has EA "forced" y'all to buy any micro transactions yet?
Pman17
AG
Added Xbox folks, I'll be on tonight if anyone has EA Access or Deluxe. Gf is working till midnight so I'm free for the night!
Pman17
AG
renob forest said:

Has EA "forced" y'all to buy any micro transactions yet?

No, I choose not to buy them like every phone micro transaction game.
Charlie Delta
Is the game fun besides having all the microtransactions BS?
Charlie Delta
I mean, look at this:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/star-wars-battlefront-ii

0.9 user rating?
Forum Troll
AG
https://kotaku.com/ea-temporarily-removes-microtransactions-from-star-wars-1820528445/amp
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
I'm enjoying it so far. Habe only played multiplayer and don't really have a handle on this star card stuff yet but im having fun with it anyway.
tamusc
AG
Forum Troll said:

https://kotaku.com/ea-temporarily-removes-microtransactions-from-star-wars-1820528445/amp

Wow!
Pman17
AG
It's not a bad game at all though it's having Battlefield day 1 issues right now such as game taking forever to back out after a match or not transitioning to the next match. Plays like EA Battlefront 1 but changed the way you get hero's and vehicles within a match. Yea there's loot crates like every game you play these days that give you parts, credits, or star cards for classes and hero's. If you really want a certain card, you can redeem it with your in game earned craft points. Some cards you have to be a certain level to get so if you were to pay real $ to get an advantage, you still have to play to level up in order to use those cards. You get 1 free daily pack. Hero's are unlocked by credits you earn from matches and completing milestones like get 50 kills with a heavy. Credits also can buy you crates. Like 10 matches can get you Darth Vader. Then when you play a match after unlocking Darth Vader, you play him when you earn enough battle points midway through the match, but that's if someone else is not playing him or there are too many hero's on the battlefield. I think they pay to win was blown out of proportion by Reddit users. Teamed up to give it bad user scores. The meta critic score reflect what the game is. Menus are a downgrade. There's no server surfing which sucks when you want to play a certain map. The game has some work that needs to be done in updates. Graphics are amazing, there's a ton of detail to look for in each map.
exitone
AG
Wow is right. That's a pretty huge deal. The investors have spoken.
exitone
AG
We can try and keep a running tab of everyone that's playing. Eventually when we figure this game out and know whats going on, we can try and form a squad. I think they will be rolling out customization for the Clone Troopers in the near future, so we can figure out how to get an aTm on the armor .

XBOX:
DarthAhsoka (Texags: exitone )
tbanks2011 (Texags: bankshot11 )
pman17 (Texags: pman17 )

PC:
tfunk02 (Texags: tfunk02 )

Playstation:
jr15aggie
AG
I'm not really a fan of what's happening here. The internet is being a whiney little biotch and getting its way.

My understanding is all the future map packs n stuff are free. The micro transactions were to help the developer, heaven forbid, make extra money from the die hard fans (since they were not charging for traditional dlc).
Dro07
AG
jr15aggie said:

I'm not really a fan of what's happening here. The internet is being a whiney little biotch and getting its way.

My understanding is all the future map packs n stuff are free. The micro transactions were to help the developer, heaven forbid, make extra money from the die hard fans (since they were not charging for traditional dlc).

Free market is a hell of a thing
AGinHI
AG
EA is a publicly traded company.

I don't think they're making business decisions to help developers make extra money.
exitone
AG
I haven't really concerned myself with the whole lootbox / p2w stuff. I'm not going to buy anything extra, and I'm going to get my arse kicked by a 12 year kid anyway, so who cares if they have the super epic double secret thermo grenade. And I really don't care to play as heroes or villains, so grinding away for Darth Vader doesn't bug me either. But I do think the overall argument is valid. When you pay $70 for something, anything extra you pay should be for customization.

Aside from all that, I just got done playing in arcade mode. That was the first time, and I think I should have done that from the start. It slowly gets you into the game. I was able to enjoy it as opposed to playing multiplayer online was torturous.

The good: Darth Maul is a whirling ball of awesomeness

The bad: I really wish we could get some sort of a cheatsheet for the star cards. I need a tutorial on what each graphic for the star card means. I'm just hitting buttons at this point to see what happens.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Add SweetKittenFeet to the Xbox one list.
jr15aggie
AG
Played a little. One match of multiplayer and a couple single player levels.

Game definitely looks good on the One X. Super sharp. What's funny is the cutscenes are really low res. Not big deal cause 4k cutscenes take up a lot of space, but it looked less than 1080p from where I was sitting. Strange choice.
HossAg
AG
jr15aggie said:

I don't think you understand the issue. The problem is that it takes the average player several years to unlock everything in the game without buying credits to do so. If it takes that long to unlock everything, so be it, but crates should be for cosmetic items only, not a leg up on the competition.

And it's problem that everyone in the industry is basically making these games free to play but you have to pay $60 up front. I miss the days where you buy the game, there's map packs, and any cosmetic add ons are via small one time purchases that you don't have to buy endless loot crates to unlock. The whole situation is ****ed, and I'm tired of every game being like this. It's not ok.
jr15aggie
AG
Sure, I get the problem. What's funny is you say you miss the days when you bought the game and map packs, etc. were separate. I remember when the internet had temper tantrum when dlc of any kind was introduced.

I guess my point was that they are giving us all the maps for free. That was their good will here and they were trying to make extra cash in other ways.

I sorta like this cause my son will play this game for years and I won't have to buy the season pass.

But I guess it's working out... They are tweaking the formula in a major way so we'll see how it all plays out.
FightinTexasAg15
AG

94AGBQ
AG
Started playing last night at 11. It's what I hoped for. Got wrecked playing Heros vs villains. Definitely need the practice in the arcade there. The maps are gorgeous and tons of fun. I will actually play star fighter assault now. Hated it on the last game. Lots of fun now.

EnvyMaster94 on Xbox.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.