Dual Monitors for Home Office

1,345 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by flakrat
Nobody Knows My Name
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm in the market to purchase a couple monitors at home. They will primarily be used (~70% of the time) to connect my work laptop via a docking station. The remaining usage will be to use my personal Alienware laptop / graphics amplifier (basically a docking station). I do little gaming, but will occasionally get hooked on a shooter, etc.

I'd like monitors that support daisy chaining via DisplayPort. Any recommendations? I think 24" will do but am open to going a tad larger.

On another note, is there a convenient way to switch the DisplayPort cable between my docking station and graphics amplifier?
stridulent
AG
AOC sells good monitors for a good price. Anything from Asus, Acer, Dell, HP, or Samsung will be fine.

In regards to your display port switch question. Is it required that both devices use display port? The most cost efficient method would be to have 1 device plugged in via display port and the other via hdmi, dvi, to another display port on the monitors and let them handle the switching.
Matsui
AG
I have 2 aoc for exactly your same use. No complaints. Shop around online at the box stores and buy online. Remember to check online coupons
BrazosDog02
AG
Dual monitors are pretty last decade. Have you checked out Ultrawides? Far prefer those...still not 4k but more comfortable to work with. One monitor. No seam. I had dual 32" at work but they switched to ultrawides.
BlazeHarper
I am looking for some new monitors over the next few weeks.
Currently I am using the HP 27" (HP Z27N) in a dual setup and I really like them.
I like going a bit bigger than 24 and I like the 2560X1440.
https://www.amazon.com/HP-K7C09A8-ABA-LED-Backlit-Monitor/dp/B00ZD8N1HS

flakrat
AG
Here's my 5 monitor home office / gaming setup. Would love to replace with 3 ultra wides

Fenrir
BrazosDog02 said:

Dual monitors are pretty last decade. Have you checked out Ultrawides? Far prefer those...still not 4k but more comfortable to work with. One monitor. No seam. I had dual 32" at work but they switched to ultrawides.
Ultra wide are the way to go.
AG
Wow. Looks like you blocked a great view with task manager
TxAg82
AG
I love big screens / lots of screens.

Right now I've got a 50" 4k Samsung on my main computer. Windows 10 screen snapping really makes good use of the large screen and makes it easy to snap windows and split the screen into four with just one button. Better software like Virtual Display Manager and you have literally endless ways you can split your screen up.
Nobody Knows My Name
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

I was skeptical of going the UltraWide route, but after doing further research, I think I'm going to go that direction. I honestly thought it was a just a "gimmick". I may wait till Black Friday to see if any deals pop-up online (I'm not going to fight any crowds at retail stores).
BrazosDog02
AG
I would definitely wait. Watch SLICKDEALS. There have been some pretty decent deals all year, but I've waiting for Black Friday to see if there are any better deals. I don't game, so my options are more open than most. I'm looking for a 4k Wide or a 2k Ultrawide. Minimum 60Hz, IPS, bright, HDMI/DisplayPort/USB/etc all on the monitor so I can hook up my Macbook pro without attaching a bunch of peripherals to it.
DanilooAG05
I'm looking a for home office setup too. Currently have dual 27" 1080p monitors at work, but considering a large 4K setup at home. Any thoughts on this one?

http://www.microcenter.com/product/477072/ET430K_43_UHD_LED_Display_Monitor

The price looks good, but some reviews mention image retention on certain settings.
flakrat
AG
Ha, yeah I had just finished watching performance impact of running CoD WW2 on ultra
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.