Sam's Club - One Day Only iPhone / Samsung - $300 gift card

1,894 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by flakrat
flakrat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If I'm reading the add correct, this may be the best deal so far on iPhone and Samsung devices this fall.

Starting tonight at 12:01 AM ET (for online orders) and 7 AM in store, running through the day Saturday (Nov 11) you get a $300 Sam's Club gift card with the purchase of an iPhone (7, 8, X and plusses) or Samsung Galaxy phones.

Activation fee is also waved.

It isn't tied to trading in your old device. The only requirement is that you purchase the phone on installment.

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/pagedetails/content.jsp?pageName=one-day-event-catalog&xid=catalog_novemberoneday

There are also a bunch of other one day savings.
flakrat
AG
Best I can tell this is open to existing customers of the major carriers. It's not completely clear, but from what I can tell the iPhone sale is online and in store, while the Samsung is in store only?

Also, it's $300 per phone activation, so $600 worth of groceries from Sam's for my wife and I :-)
AggieFrog
AG
Ad says in store only and even if online, they've been out of stock on the 8 since the week it went live (and are currently out of stock).

I reserved the 8 for pre-ordered for my wife with the $150 deal but they never got them in.

Would be a great deal if you could actually get it.
BrazosDog02
AG
I guess you have to sit in a line for this deal? I looked last night and now, and all of the iphone 7, 8, X are not available for purchase online....all out of stock or just not available.

I don't understand this 'deal'.
AggieFrog
AG
That's why I posted previously. 2nd time a deal was no deal with Sam's.
BrazosDog02
AG
Sam's
flakrat
AG
I went by this morning and found out that in order to purchase a phone at Sam's you have to have an appointment.

The earliest appointment was Monday and the girl swears that, one, they had two left and second, I'd still get the $300 gift cards even though it's be purchasing then on Monday. So I have an appointment, we'll see how that goes.

Another thing I found out, they require you to activate the phone at the time of the sale. Kind of strange IMO.
Jackie Daytona
AG
Sam's in Austin wouldn't honor the gift card on a later date or allow us to schedule an appointment. Sucks to miss out on this one. I've got to pay closer attention to the mailers.
BrazosDog02
AG
What the hell could you have done different?!
Jackie Daytona
AG
The asst mgr said to watch the mailers for these sales and then set an appointment for the day of the sale. He said the next one should be black Friday. I'll keep an eye out and post any ads when they announce them.
BrazosDog02
AG
JDB1996 said:

The asst mgr said to watch the mailers for these sales and then set an appointment for the day of the sale. He said the next one should be black Friday. I'll keep an eye out and post any ads when they announce them.

Well, thst sucks. :/

Yeah, **** him. **** sams. And **** anyone that puts out a mailer advertising something that is virtually unavailable unless you go through extra unadvertised steps that will increase your odds by a fraction of a percent.

Seriously. **** him in the neck.

I think I'm going to get the iPhone 8 and get the iPhone X on its second iteration when they get the LAUNDRY LIST of problems worked out of it. Looks like they rushed....
flakrat
AG
I had my appointment today at Sam's. Picked up two new iPhone 8s and received $600 worth of gift cards.

I asked them how many iPhone X's that they got in for the Saturday sale, they've received one X total and that was a preorder.
Average Joe
AG
Sam's in College Station made appointments through Wednesday and honored the gift card for every appointment as long as they booked it on Saturday.
Jackie Daytona
AG
I got them to honor the gift card deal for two phones so far. They'll do it for phones they currently have in stock. Won't let me set up an appointment for grey for me. 2 our of 3 ain't bad.
double aught
AG
So can you walk into Sam's with your $300 gift card and use it to purchase a $300 amazon gift card? Then it might have some value.
AggieFrog
AG
double aught said:

So can you walk into Sam's with your $300 gift card and use it to purchase a $300 amazon gift card? Then it might have some value.

Pretty sure you can also use it at Walmart. Either way $300 is less than two trips to the store for us.
Average Joe
AG
You can use it at Wal-Mart.
flakrat
AG
$500 is a normal Sam's run for us for quarterly bulk groceries.
armymom
How much did the iPhone cost? Can you use the $300 gift card towards the purchase?
flakrat
AG
The phones are normal list price, however you have to do the Verizon / AT&T / ... 2 year payment plan. You can apparently pay off the full amount anytime after the first month (think that's right).

You can't use the gift card toward the purchase. You can, however, use it for accessories, but for those you are really better off using Amazon.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.