*****Official Destiny 2 PC Master Race Thread*****

6,896 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by IntercooledAggie
TexasAggie_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TexAgs/Battlenet
  • TexasAggie_02/Schedonardus#1978
  • stridulent/Stridulent#1581
  • Americium/Plutonium#1114
  • jr281/Vade#11172
  • renob forest/lou#11266
  • IntercooledAggie/MoneyManziel#11266
  • Chevyboxer/Mattressburn#1508
  • nutmegger_aggie/EdwinWillers#1396

*****Original Post*****
anyone going to be playing on PC?

Here's a detailed breakdown of all the graphical settings, with links at the bottom of the page for game ready Nvidia drivers.

https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/destiny-2-pc-graphics-and-performance-guide

My B.Net is Schedonardus#1978
stridulent
AG
Yes, I am with a fairly large group of friends. I played the PS4 version of D1 with the crew on here, but I couldn't turn down the opportunity to play the new one on PC. I'm a PC gamer by heart.

My BNET is Stridulent#1581
stridulent
AG
Bumping. Anyone else playing?

TexasAggie_02, let me know if you need a clan to join. I've started one with some friends that I have been playing PC games with for a long time. We plan to be semi-serious for raiding, but will have casual friends in the guild as well.
TexasAggie_02
AG
i'm currently in a clan, but it only has 15 members. we'll see how active it stays.
stridulent
AG
TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

Here is a very helpful post on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/78b4vx/for_our_pc_brethren_advice_from_our_first_seven/

Quote:

For our PC brethren: Advice from our first seven weeks of Destiny 2

I've got some PC friends that are quite excited to play the game tomorrow, so I thought I'd type up what I've been able to absorb since Destiny 2 launched almost two months ago (!). /r/DestinyTheGame has been an invaluable resource, so I've done my best to credit others everywhere that I could remember the source. Thanks for the awesomely salty community, everyone!
After 7 weeks, I don't know what classifies as a spoiler or not to PC folks--so I'd recommend completing the campaign before reading through everything if you want to avoid any spoilers. I'm sure I've missed quite a few things and butchered a few others. Please let me know where I've gone wrong or missed something.
INCOMING WALL OF TEXT
  • What class should I play?
  • General good advice
    • Save Rare (blue) Scout Rifles instead of dismantling them -- you will need them for the MIDA Multi-Tool exotic quest [/u/poopypants77]
    • Don't fear PvP. Head to /r/CruciblePlaybook and read up on strategy, then focus on sticking with your teammates and helping with the objectives. Other players will try to get salt to spew from all your orifices, but this isn't Rocket League!
  • There's a 100,000 glimmer cap.
    • Cayde-6's Treasure Maps cost 24,000 glimmer per week.
    • Random rare mods cost 2,500 glimmer each. Spend the bulk of your glimmer on this.
    • ...unless you're a fashionista (we all are, embrace it). Instead, blow all your glimmer on applying shaders. 15k for a sparrow? Worth!
    • If you don't have access to either of those and are approaching the glimmer cap, I suggest buying scouting reports from Cayde-6.
  • There are four skills in the game that are recommended not to put a point into:
    [ol]
  • Six Shooter (Solar Hunter) - Six Shooter is useless and only good for damaging a boss (however Celestial Nighthawk with the bottom skill tree ends up doing more damage). The rest of that skill tree is actually really good for PvP but if you put six shooter on then your super runs out way too fast to be effective. Once you've put an upgrade point into a skill you can't go back or deactivate the skill so you are stuck with six shooter forever.
  • Mobius Quiver (Void Hunter) - If you are using the Orpheus Rig exotic boots you do not start generating orbs until you've shot the final Shadowshot and the super does not last as long as a single Shadowshot.
  • Cataclysm (Void Warlock) - I have never used this ability since the devour skill tree is easily the best but supposedly once you cast nova bomb and it hits something OR if you shoot it, it will split up into smaller nova bombs and track nearby enemies. Sounds amazing but it's actually so slow that in PvP it's never going to hit anyone who sees it as they can just walk away from it and in PvE if an add/boss takes cover the Nova Bomb will hit the wall/obstacle it is behind.
  • Winged Sun (Dawnbreaker Warlock) - The upper skill set of Dawnbreaker Warlock, which gives the ability to shoot in the air and perks for somehow getting kills in the air. Don't put any skill points into that because they have intentionally nerfed shooting in the air, making that entire branch worthless. (It's not a trap to spend points there, just a waste.) [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/77m4pe/tip_sheet_for_new_players_some_fast_points_of_sga/dooeppp/][Source][/url]
  • [/ol]
  • Power Level
    • All items have a power level and your character's overall power level is an average of the power level of all your equipped items.
    • General rule of thumb: Wait until you reach the soft cap [265 base / 270 with mods] (or as late in the weekly reset cycle as possible) before redeeming weekly milestone and exotic quest rewards.
    • There is a soft cap of 265 base power / 270 with mods.
      • Public Events are a great way to reach the soft cap.
      • Once you reach the soft cap, rare and legendary gear will no longer drop at a power level above your current power level.
      • To raise your power level further, you can decrypt exotic engrams, complete weekly milestones (Powerful Gear), receive weekly clan rewards, or complete exotic weapon quests.
      • Public Events are a great way to earn exotic engrams to help increase your power level past the soft cap.
      • Public Events are currently very rewarding. [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/6yez1h/spoilerdatto_how_to_activate_heroic_public_events/][Spoiler] How to activate Heroic Public Events.[/url]
    • There is a hard cap of 300 base power / 305 with mods.
      • Once you reach the hard cap, vendors will sometimes offer 300 base power rewards.
      • I suggest using a site such as http://destiny-vendor-gear-tracker.com/ that crowd sources the effort of determining which vendors are currently selling max power gear.
  • [url=https://app.destinyitemmanager.com/]Destiny Item Manager [DIM][/url]
    • In-game inventory management is not good. Keep a tab with DIM open at all times on your secondary monitor.
    • Items with legendary mods have a yellow border in DIM. These are currently hard to quickly identify via the in-game GUI as you have to view an item's details to see whether a legendary mod has been applied.
    • Filters are your friend. In the top-right of the GUI there's a search bar that lets you apply multiple filters to the items in your inventory.
    • isupe will highlight all duplicate items in your inventories / vault.
    • isupelower will highlight only your lowest power duplicates. This makes identifying items that are safe to dismantle extremely easy! <3
  • I choose you!
    • An early mission reward lets you choose between Sunshot, Riskrunner, and Graviton Lance.
      • I recommend Sunshot / Riskrunner >>> Graviton Lance. Sunshot is great for clearing tightly-packed enemies and Riskrunner can be charged (even with your own) arc damage to do impressive single target and AoE damage.
    • When you receive the reward on your second and third characters, your previous selection will not be available. You are guaranteed to get all three if you complete it on all three available character slots.
    • A mid-game mission reward lets you choose between armor rewards. Suggestions:
      • Hunter Raiden Flux (Chest) / Lucky Pants (Legs) / Mechaneer's Tricksleeves (Gloves) Raiden Flux turns Orpheus Rig and wonder who designed the rest of the Hunter's exotics.
      • Titan Actium War Rig (Chest) / ACD/O Feedback fence (Gloves) / Doom Fang Pauldron (Gauntlets) Actium War Rig is a solid exotic in both PvE and PvP as Auto Rifles are in a very good place currently.
      • Warlock Eye of Another World (Helmet) / Sunbracers (Gloves) / Wings of Sacred Dawn (Chest) Stormcaller is a strong subclass and Eye of Another World's perk basically acts as a legendary mod for your Grenade, Melee, and Rift abilities.
    • Completing Zavala's strike milestone lets you choose between the following weapons:Nameless Midnight / Origin Story / Nightshade
      • I recommend Nameless Midnight / Origin Story >>> Nightshade. Until I unlocked the Nameless Midnight, I didn't like the feel of any kinetic weapon that I had. If you play a Titan, Origin Story's extended mag with Actium War Rig is very nice.
  • Infusion
    • An item with a higher base power can infused into a lower base power item of the same type (i.e. Scout Rifle, Warlock Glove, Sword). This will increase its base power level to the infused item's power level.
    • Items of different types (Warlock Armor > Titan Armor / Auto Rifle > Scout Rifle) cannot be used for infusion.
    • Items of the same type but different slot (Kinetic Auto Rifle > Energy Auto Rifle) can be used for infusion of items from other slots.
    • Only an item's base power is considered when using it for infusion. Learn to be careful when dismantling legendary and exotic items for infusion as the end result may be 5 power less than expected if a legendary mod was present.
    • Legendary mods on items you dismantle for infusion are also dismantled.
    • To determine if a legendary mod is applied to an item with the in-game GUI, you have to view an item's details.
    • Alternatively, any item with power greater than 300 has a mod applied as 300 power is currently the hard cap on base power.
    • [url=https://app.destinyitemmanager.com/]Destiny Item Manager [DIM][/url] highlights items that have legendary mods applied to them with a yellow border.
  • Engrams
    • The power level of engrams that drop in the over-world is locked at the time it drops.
    • The power level of engrams that you receive from NPCs is not locked until you accept the reward.
    • You don't need to be at your maximum power to decrypt engrams from either source. While it isn't displayed, the game tracks your highest maximum power level and uses that to determine the power level of all rewards that you receive.
  • Bright Engrams
    • General rule of thumb: No micro-transactions are required!
    • You receive three bright engrams for each character class you reach level 20 with. Leveling multiple characters of the same class to 20 will not award additional bright engrams, which makes the cap 9 bright engrams for hitting level 20 with each class.
    • Past level 20, you receive an additional bright engram each time that you fill your experience bar.
    • Each week, you receive bonus experience towards the first three bright engrams on each of your characters.
  • Weekly Activities
    • Weekly milestones reward powerful engrams. If possible, save these until you have 265+ base power (or as late in the week as possible).
    • Weekly reset occurs every Tuesday at 2:00am PDT / 5:00am EST / UK - 10:00am BST / Europe - 11:00am CEST / Convert to your local time here.
    • Once available, there are additional weekly milestones for completing the Leviathan Raid and Trials of the Nine.
  • Flashpoint (Weekly Milestone) Public Event Participation
    • To unlock: Reach level 15 / Complete the 'Fury' campaign mission / Complete Cayde's 'Patrol' quest.
    • [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/6yez1h/spoilerdatto_how_to_activate_heroic_public_events/][Spoiler] How to activate Heroic Public Events.[/url]
    • Complete public events in the week's target area to advance and complete this milestone.
  • Clan XP (Weekly Milestone)
    • To unlock: Reach Level 20 / Complete the Campaign / Join a Clan / Receive and Equip a Clan Banner.
    • Weekly cap of 5,000 XP per Character (15,000 per account) and 100,000 XP per Clan.
    • Completing different activities rewards various amounts of Clan XP:
      • Public Event: 500 XP
      • Crucible Match (win or loss): 500 XP
      • Story Mission: 500 XP
      • Adventure: 500 XP
      • Patrol Mission: 250 XP
      • Killing a High Value Target: 250 XP (?)
  • Nightfall Strike (Weekly Milestone)
    • To unlock: Complete the campaign / Complete two strikes / Reach Power Level 230
    • These are timed weekly strikes with a recommended power level of 240 (normal) and 300 (prestige).
    • There are additional modifiers for each week's nightfall.
    • I recommend checking the weekly reset thread in /r/DestinyTheGame for good guides on how to complete each week's nightfall.
  • Call to Arms (Weekly Crucible Milestone)
    • To unlock: Get quest from Lord Shaxx / Complete 2 Quickplay Crucible Matches / Complete 2 Competitive Crucible Matches / Kill enemies in the Crucible (any mode [~1% each])
    • Completing the Call to Arms at least once required to unlock Trials of the Nine when it becomes available.
    • Once unlocked, simply kill enemies in any crucible game mode (Trials and Iron Banner kills count) to advance this milestone.
  • Clan Rewards
    • Once per week, every member of a Clan will get a Legendary Engram if at least one clan member completes one of the following four requirements:
      • Crucible Rewarded if a clan fireteam (2+) achieves a single crucible win.
      • Nightfall Rewarded if a clan fireteam (2+) completes the nightfall strike.
      • Raid Rewarded if a clan fireteam (3+) completes the Leviathan Raid.
      • Trials of the Nine Rewarded if a clan fireteam (2+) completes a seven win Trials of the Nine ticket (flawless isn't required).
  • Weapon / Armor Mods
    • Once you reach power level 280, the gunsmith can combine 3 identical rare mods into a legendary mod with the same ability.
    • You have a 25% chance to get a Kinetic Damage mod by making a legendary weapon at the blacksmith.
    • /u/kyt_kutcha has an amazing post about mods, so I'm not going to attempt to duplicate that effort:
    • Correct me if I'm wrong: I don't know that there's any benefit from achieving 305 power level other than satisfying your own OCD:
      • Rare and Legendary mods have the same effect on cooldown reduction.
      • Rare mods cost 500 glimmer to apply.
      • Legendary mods cost 5,000 glimmer to apply.
      • Legendary mods require either 3 rare mods or 2 legendary mods to make. Alternatively, you can receive them from bright engrams or gunsmith packages.
      • The highest power level for any current activity is 300.
  • Armor stats
    • Stats cap at 10.
    • Great video breakdown of armor stats from Fallout Plays.
    • Recovery Visual representation of Recovery's impact on healing from Fallout Plays Increases the rate at which you regenerate health/shields. I prioritize Recovery on all my characters as it has a very positive and noticeable impact on gameplay.
    • Resilience Plain and simple, Resilience increases your Effective Health Pool (EHP) which makes you harder to kill. This is typically my secondary stat choice.
    • Mobility First of all, Recovery Mobility doesn't affect your sprint speed. It does increase your walking speed, strafing speed, and jump height. Currently most value this stat the least, though it can make your mobility while ADS quite a bit better.
  • Exotic Quests
  • Currently Missing
    • Challenges
    • Patrols
    • Guided Access
    • Raid
    • Trials
    • 100.io -- great resource for finding a clan!
    • PvP tips -- multiple people capturing the same point doesn't speed it up! Oh, and you don't have to stand on a point you control to defend it.
    • /r/FireTeams plug (it's awesome!)
    • I've been horrible at crediting suggestions, will fix tomorrow.
    • Little tired and just helped a clanmate with his first Calus kill--I'll fix these tomrorow.

Americium
AG
I bought it too. Plutonium#1114
TexasAggie_02
AG
FYI, don't run any apps that have overlays while running Destiny. This includes streaming apps, discord, temp/fan monitors, fps monitors, etc.

People are being permabanned as soon as they long on. The same mechanic that is used to create overlays can be exploited to cheat, so Bungie has implemented detection with a zero tolerance policy.

Bungie.net forums are full of angry ppl who were Insta banned at startup
hot dog
AG
PC randomly reboots when trying to play. Probably 2 hours deep or so and have been restarted 4-5 times.
PatAg
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

FYI, don't run any apps that have overlays while running Destiny. This includes streaming apps, discord, temp/fan monitors, fps monitors, etc.

People are being permabanned as soon as they long on. The same mechanic that is used to create overlays can be exploited to cheat, so Bungie has implemented detection with a zero tolerance policy.

Bungie.net forums are full of angry ppl who were Insta banned at startup
I still think some of those people probably bought the game through dubious means
Vade281
AG
Vade#11172 Need to join a clan...my PSN clan is full...
PSN/XBOX/Origin/Epic/Steam/Uplay: Vade281
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
stridulent
AG
jr281 said:

Vade#11172 Need to join a clan...my PSN clan is full...

You guys are welcome to join us:
https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2/Chat?groupId=2712069

A few of us are planning to raid pretty seriously, but we have a lot of friends in that plan to play casually, too. We capped the weekly clan XP yesterday lol.

My realid is Stridulent#1581.

We're currently putting together a Discord channel since the in game text chat doesn't support clan chat.
Vade281
AG
I've completed the raid before so no big deal. I'm not going hard core like PS4, but I do plan on getting another character to 305. I was hoping the Aggie clan would pop up for PC, but this will do.
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
stridulent
AG
jr281 said:

I've completed the raid before so no big deal. I'm not going hard core like PS4, but I do plan on getting another character to 305. I was hoping the Aggie clan would pop up for PC, but this will do.
Accepted your request. I have too many friends that I have played with for years on PC that are sadly not Aggies. So had to go with a more applicable name
stridulent
AG
Field of View comparison from PC to console:

TexasAggie_02
AG
i sent friend requests to those in this thread (Schedonardus#1978)
stridulent
AG
Is there a realid: lou here?
TexasAggie_02
AG
i got a request from Iou as well, so they must've read this thread
stridulent
AG
Interesting discussion as you start getting purps:

https://www.reddit.com/r/destiny2/comments/78vmn0/list_of_legendary_guns_to_keep_or_do_not/
renob forest
lou#11266
PatAg
AG
Just wanna say the movement and aiming feels amazing on PC compared to console..and I already loved it on console.
stridulent
AG
PatAg said:

Just wanna say the movement and aiming feels amazing on PC compared to console..and I already loved it on console.
100% agree. And it looks so damn beautiful.
Vade281
AG
My issue with the game right now is when I'm doing public events....my frames start stuttering. I have to restart the game to fix. Super annoying. Apparently Bungie is aware of it.
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
stridulent
AG
I play on a 21:9 monitor. Was running fine, but thought I'd take the recommended nvidia driver update. Now if I play in windowed fullscreen, my fps is 10-20. If I play in fullscreen, it is 80-100. lol.... guess I have to stick with fullscreen until they fix it.
stridulent
AG
First DLC officially announced:
https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/30/16571660/destiny-2-curse-of-osiris-release-date-trailer

Quote:

Curse of Osiris will be available Dec. 5 on PS4, Windows PC and Xbox One.

Looks like the plan is to keep PC synced up with consoles moving forward!
TexasAggie_02
AG
selfie emote

stridulent
AG
If any of you guys are up for crucible, nightfall, or public events, let me know!
Americium
AG
My clan hasn't been very active, not with me at least. I'm interested in weekly nightfall clears on multiple characters and possibly the raid.

Teaming up for the crucible would be nice too, getting tired of watching solo queuers just get demolished by opponents playing as a team.

TexasAggie_02
AG
if anyone is experience really bad stuttering after the last update, I was able to get it to go away by turning off VSync. Looks like there will be another hotpatch this week to address it, so hopefully they won't break something else.
Americium
AG
I keep reading about aim assist stuff in the forums. So if you use a controller on PC, you get the controller based aim assist? but with mouse and keyboard you don't?

https://www.reddit.com/r/destiny2/comments/7b5izj/bungie_should_stop_supporting_aim_assist_for_pc/

stridulent
AG
Americium said:

My clan hasn't been very active, not with me at least. I'm interested in weekly nightfall clears on multiple characters and possibly the raid.

Teaming up for the crucible would be nice too, getting tired of watching solo queuers just get demolished by opponents playing as a team.

Dude.. I feel so ****ty about the Nightfall last night. I'm down to do it again tonight with you if you still need it. I say we just nuke that guy on the ramp with what ever respective element is up.
stridulent
AG
Americium said:

I keep reading about aim assist stuff in the forums. So if you use a controller on PC, you get the controller based aim assist? but with mouse and keyboard you don't?

https://www.reddit.com/r/destiny2/comments/7b5izj/bungie_should_stop_supporting_aim_assist_for_pc/

I had heard about it, but I hadn't seen a video of it being used. Wow. Just wow.
stridulent
AG
Faction Rally Week!

http://www.gamesradar.com/destiny-2-faction-rallies-gear-loot-weapons-rewards-which-to-choose/
A is A
AG
stridulent said:

Americium said:

I had heard about it, but I hadn't seen a video of it being used. Wow. Just wow.
so wait. what is wrong with that video?
TexasAggie_02
AG
nutmegger_aggie said:

stridulent said:

Americium said:

so wait. what is wrong with that video?
it's possible to use and XIM to connect a controller to your PC, and use a mouse with aim assist. you are only supposed to get aim assist if you use a controller, not a mouse
TexasAggie_02
AG
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/7bd6yo/bungie_we_dont_want_you_farming_faction_tokens_so/

insane faction token farm. get in before bungie patches it!
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.