OTA Antenna Recommendations

793 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Jasomania
Psychag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm looking at the Mohu Sky 60. Does anyone have this? Thoughts? I live in South College Station and plan to use equipment and cables that were for Direct TV on roof. Or may place in attic. I assume I will I be able to connect through receiver for surround sound. Any better ideas? Currently use psvue but want to watch live sports on network tv through OTA.
KK
I did exactly that (very close to Towerpoint HEB) less than a month ago.

Using an $80 ClearStream indoor/outdoor omni directional antenna put on the DirecTV pole and used its wiring.

I get all the networks (cba, pbs, nbc, abc, fox) just fine. ABC got glitchy for a few minutes one night this past week, but other than that it is great.
ntxVol
FYI, If your home has a radiant barrier, don't put the antennae in the attic.
Buck Laughlin
AG
I live east of Pebble Creek and was going to buy an OTA antenna 3-4 years ago. To see whether to get a directional or bow tie antenna, I made a bow tie antenna with four metal coat hangers and a piece of 2x4 (following instructions on youtube). It got all the channels perfectly (except occasionally ABC, as someone else mentioned) so I just rebuilt it using pvc and painted it black to make it look better. It's zip tied to the old Dish Network post on the roof. We've been using it since then with no issues.
Jasomania
AG
I use a Clearstream Eclipse, it works really well. It is more expensive than some you can find on Amazon but by far the best reviewed. I had a cheaper Amazon antenna that worked ok but died on me after 6 months so I went higher quality this round.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/antennas-direct-clearstream-eclipse-amplified-indoor-hdtv-antenna-black-and-white/5406100.p?skuId=5406100
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.