XPS 15 Spill Damage

555 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TexAgsAnon
HossAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hey guys,
Last night I spilled a glass of milk on the keyboard of an XPS 15. We turned it over immediately and powered down and dried it as much a possible. I didn't have the screwdriver necessary to open up the back and clean the inside of any liquid.

This morning, tried to boot and got a Dell logo with a bunch of green/blue lines before it shut back off. There's a warning light that was flashing 2 orange then 1 white.

I called a repair place and he said it would probably be a motherboard replacement but that he can't guarantee that there isn't long term damage.

Do y'all have any recommendations/experience with something like this? It's a $2000 laptop so I really would like to fix it even if it's expensive, because that's cheaper than replacing it.
TexAgsAnon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You should have never tried to turn it on without getting the keyboard off and insides dry first. It's possible you fritzed the motherboard in doing so, or maybe it's just the video cable connection to the motherboard itself.

Either way, prepare to pay a good amount to fix it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.