Divinity Original Sin 2

1,349 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Marsh
Marsh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone playing? Fun game, a few changes from the first one I don't particularly like, but I've gotten used to it now. Started pretty slow, but definitely into the game now.
chigger
AG
I got it, but I've barely started. Looks amazing so far. Really excited to get into it more.
digital_ag
AG
It's pretty good so far. I really enjoyed the first one.

Now that I've gotten used to how DOS2 plays I think I like it even better. More synergy between the skills and trees and they did a lot to balance things out. It also feels less cheese-able.
CrockerCock00
AG
Not very far into it, but enjoying it. Played it while it was in alpha for a bit as well.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
Playing it and it is great. I am not great at it at all.. I like that a good bit of the AI is intelligent (doesn't walk in the fire to get to me, but around it, etc.) so that you can't bait them into stupid things without multiple steps of thinking ahead. I am really enjoying it for sure. I am going a necro style.. it is interesting for sure.
Eliminatus
AG
A buddy and I are finishing up a coop game of the first game. Cannot wait to get into the second one.
jwd2963
AG
I've been on the fence about purchasing. Seems like anyone who has played recommends it.
Madmarttigan
AG
How is the multiplayer in this ? I usually get bored of single player rpgs quickly.
digital_ag
AG
The multiplayer isnt really that much different, more about just enjoying the experience with friends.

The pace is much slower for the individual as you only control one of 4 (or 2). But discussing the tactics of each fight can be fun. I play with 3 others and it can get irritating when someone isn't verbalizing their thought process but takes forever to make a decision. It's a great game to browse in a second monitor though.
YouBet
AG
Just started playing a week ago. It's a fanstastic game that requires you to think through your moves. Usually, I actually do not like games that require me to think really hard. It becomes tedious and I'm just not looking for a game to make my head hurt. For whatever reason, I like the tactical difficulty of this game and the original.

The other thing about this game are the sheer number of secrets and multiple ways to solve something. There is no way you will find everything or complete every random side quest unless you play along with a cheat manual.
I Like Mike
AG
YouBet said:

Just started playing a week ago. It's a fanstastic game that requires you to think through your moves. Usually, I actually do not like games that require me to think really hard. It becomes tedious and I'm just not looking for a game to make my head hurt. For whatever reason, I like the tactical difficulty of this game and the original.

The other thing about this game are the sheer number of secrets and multiple ways to solve something. There is no way you will find everything or complete every random side quest unless you play along with a cheat manual.
STRATEGY GUIDE.....not cheat manual
YouBet
AG
Has anyone figured out how to actually use the storage chest on the boat? The tutorial says to use the action menu but I have no option for sending an item to it.
Madmarttigan
AG
I think when I right click on items it gives an option to send to lady vengeance.

This game is very fun to play with friends but does feel like it drags a bit solo and gets a little repetitive. Not sure if I will finish the story or not.
YouBet
AG
Maybe you have to be off the boat before it works. I'm still on it.
Marsh
AG
tv1113 said:

This game is very fun to play with friends but does feel like it drags a bit solo and gets a little repetitive. Not sure if I will finish the story or not.
Relatively close to finishing act 2 (after a 2 week hiatus from the game) and I'm having a hard time continuing. The amount of effort that went into this game is incredible... voice acting for every character and every line within the game, amazing attention to detail (could probably play the game 5 times through and still not catch all the funny interactions, cool details and hidden quests), unique characters, etc... but it still sort of feels like it is getting very repetitive. I don't know what it is, but I am just getting bored with the game. There is so much going on, but it is almost like none of it interests me anymore.

Very similar to my Witcher 3 experience. I NEED to do everything before I move onto the next zone, but 90% of the "things" I need to do feel more like a grueling task then actually having fun.

The multiplayer aspect can actually be really fun. When the game first came out, a few friends and I tried to do it and it was a mess... I didn't know what was going on, random cut scenes were happening, battles were starting and finishing without me even realizing it, etc.; however, after we all played Act 1 solo, we tried multiplayer again and it was a ton of fun. We only played for a few hours but I didn't feel lost in the plot line and we all sort of knew what we were doing and could work together. Not needing to deal with 4 separate inventories and equipment was really nice, as well. It is just really hard to get four people consistently online at the same time to keep playing.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.