Inexpensive 700mhz AT&T cell booster?

1,505 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by frorge
MouthBQ98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm trying to find a cell booster for my rural property as the signal in the house is pretty unreliable. I have a radio tower that I can mount the antenna on. I was curious if anyone has tried one of these or has found a brand or model that is reliable?
bkag9824
AG
Don't know the rating, but have an AT&T microcell you're welcome to have.

ETA - Yours for free as ATT gave it to us for free. Worked wonders in our last house that had radiant barrier.
PTXaggie08
AG
I just paid $150 for a microcell. Take this. It works. I went from no service to 5 bars.
rodan85
AG
The microcell will use your internet, so make sure you have high speed connectivity.
hph6203
AG
WeBoost/Wilson electronics or Microcell. WeBoost/Wilson if you don't have broadband, Microcell if you do have broadband. WeBoost isn't what I'd call cheap though.
Oh Four Five
AG
BK, I'd be interested in taking that off your hands if OP doesn't take you up on it.
bkag9824
AG
AggieDan04 said:

BK, I'd be interested in taking that off your hands if OP doesn't take you up on it.

You bet. I'll give OP until this Friday evening to let me know.

Things are a bit hectic at the moment, so feel free to bump as needed.
Ag03 CQE
AG
hph6203 said:

WeBoost/Wilson electronics or Microcell. WeBoost/Wilson if you don't have broadband, Microcell if you do have broadband. WeBoost isn't what I'd call cheap though.

This is the correct answer.
MouthBQ98
AG
If you have it I wouldnt mind trying it! Where are you at? Im between Austin and BcS. I almost forgot I started this thread.

Is it 700mhz multi band?
bkag9824
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

If you have it I wouldnt mind trying it! Where are you at? Im between Austin and BcS. I almost forgot I started this thread.

Is it 700mhz multi band?

I'm in NW CO, will mail it to you. No clue on specs, will check in the morning. Only ask you pay it forward to the other poster who asked for it if it doesn't work out for you.
MouthBQ98
AG
No problem, I could do that. I'll pm you info in a bit when this hurricane is past.
MouthBQ98
AG
AggieDan, I have it and can't make it work. You still want it?
frorge
AG
Well if Dan doesn't respond, I'd like to put my name on the next in line list.
Just moved out to the "country" and looking for a solution to my poor cell reception.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.