Fortnite (PC)

1,581 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AgShaun00
Madmarttigan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is anyone playing this? Thinking about picking it up looks like it combines a lot of fun concepts from multiple games and has early access for the next few days.

Madmarttigan
AG
Were some issues with the servers on monday, but overall this is a really fun game so far.
AtlAg05
AG
From watching streams it looks like a multiplayer, survival, tower defense game. Looks fun. Also looked like there is a ton of options just watching the menu system.

What's the cheapest you can pay to play the game. Noticed it was going to eventually be free to play with what looked like microtransactions in 2018.
Madmarttigan
AG
$40 is bare minimum version. There are microtransactions but I'm not sure how helpful it is since what you get from the boxes is completely random so I'm not sure it is worth it. The beginning of the game hasn't relied as much on base building and traps but I would imagine as the difficulty ramps up you might need to get creative
wee_ag
AG
Free-to-Play? Pass.
Madmarttigan
AG
wee_ag said:

Free-to-Play? Pass.
Its a paid game for early access right now? Since when is F2P not a reason to play a game? They are making it F2P in 2018 by design, not because it is failing already. Has a crap ton of people playing it since early access started.

It feels well worth it to me right now even bought the edition with the extra game key for a friend.

Mattressburn
AG
I love it right now, but I'm worried about. I'd like to see some way to progress towards loot without gambling coins on llamas. The developers are at least responding on reddit hopefully we'll see some changes.
Madmarttigan
AG
They are pretty responsive so far and did give abunch of free loot and I guess I should have prefaced this thread by saying you are paying for Early access so the full release isn't out yet.

I ****ing love this game though lol.

My name on EPIC is madmarttigan
AtlAg05
AG
Managed to get a free copy, once I get familiar I'll add you.
TexasAggie_02
AG
TexasAggie_02
AG
FYI, they've updated the map

Forum Troll
AG
Does this game run better than Pubg on pc, cuz that game runs like **** without a decent machine.
TexAgsAnon
Literally every game runs better on PC than PUBG
TexasAggie_02
AG
Forum Troll said:

Does this game run better than Pubg on pc, cuz that game runs like **** without a decent machine.

I run it on my laptop that has an nvidia 960m on medium settings just fine.
TexasAggie_02
AG
did anyone from here send me a friend request? just got one out of the blue.
AgShaun00
AG
nm
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.