YouTube TV

1,211 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by DeBoss
agdaddy04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Now that it's available in Houston for only $35/month and it has all of the local networks unlike DTVNow (currently grandfathered in) I'm contemplating making the switch. Is there a down side that I'm not seeing? Anyone used it yet?
Bregxit
AG
Depends on what you watch. No HBO, Viacoms, Discovery or A&E channels. Basically it is locals, national sports, some kids channels and some stuff that I don't know who watches.
hph6203
AG
There is not a native app on any of the streaming boxes. The only way to use it is to cast it from a phone or tablet, that may not be a big deal to you, but I don't like that kind of setup at all. I think it works way worse than a native app, may just be the hardware I've used in the pas though (never had a Chromecast device, just the built in stuff in my Vizio TV).
agdaddy04
AG
The no HBO certainly is a negative.

Didn't realize there wasn't an app. Not a fan of that. Probably a deal breaker.
TxAg82
AG
Try the Hulu Live service. The only local Houston channel not currently with live service is NBC. And that should change soon. I have had it for a month and am really impressed. So much so I cancelled my Directv service today. Has apps for Android and Xbox. All the others will follow shortly.
BEaggie08
AG
agdaddy04 said:

The no HBO certainly is a negative.
Really? Who cares. I have Vue, but I don't subscribe to HBO through them. I just subscribe to HBO Now, so regardless, I have HBO.
agdaddy04
AG
Makes sense. I went ahead and signed up for the free 30 day trial. We'll see how it is.
koadie
AG
it does come with CBS which PS VUE does not. That makes me a little tempted, but we lose a lot when it comes to it.

Eph: 2:8
howdydamnit04
AG
Really impressed for the most part before I learned today that some channels force you to watch the on-demand version of the DVRed shows (aka commercials) if there is an on demand version available. NBC is one of these channels so you can probably predict its coming to the others.
tamusc
AG
littlebrotherag said:

it does come with CBS which PS VUE does not. That makes me a little tempted, but we lose a lot when it comes to it.
Depends on your area. I have CBS on PS Vue here in Austin.
DeBoss
AG
Doesn't have Discovery, Food Network, HGTV, History, NFL Network, Nickelodeon, *****, TBS, or TNT. By far the worst package of channels for any major streaming service.

If you want all local channels live, look at Hulu Live or DirecTV now.
- If you are going to do something stupid, be smart about it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.