Old Laptops - Win7 / 10 Reinstall?

569 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by permabull
The Fife
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm trying to figure out what to do with 4 laptops that my parents gave me... three higher end HPs from 2010/2011 and one Toshiba from 07/08. One runs Windows 10 and the others 7, slowly, because of all the crap my dad had installed on there. They were all used for 3-4 years and then put in a closet.

I can grab all the Windows keys, but I don't have any install discs and Windows 10 was probably downloaded as an upgrade back when they were doing that for free and I'm not sure if I'd be able to get that back (or want to?). Is there a decent way to clean up Windows 7 or am I best off asking around for anyone who has Win7 Home Premium or burning my own CDs?

I just kind of assumed that Win10 would be a bad idea for the 3 newer ones due to their age but I thought they were about the best HP made when new. After I get home I can post specs.
UmustBKidding
Windows media creator.
Won't build oem versions so you.may need to download some drivers from their website. I typically build USB keys instead of dvds with it
They might have a system restore partition you can use also.
The Fife
That's a good point, I think at least one of them has system restore partitions. I need to look into that... I've always built my own so this is kind of a new thing for me.
MGS
For your Windows 10 laptop, you can do this
https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/reset-windows-10-pc
permabull
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.