iPhone/safari not saving login credentials

503 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by tamusc
texrover91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Somehow all my open safari pages disappeared one day this week and I had to log back into texags; all my browsing history is there going back to last week

Concurrently, I tried to log into myFICO app, and it's asking me to re-enter my username and PW, when typically all I have to do is enter a 4 digit code

now my sessions are timing out on texags and even though I'm selecting "remember me" i keep having to re-enter my login credentials

I've run thru all my security settings on the phone and nothing looks out of order...

TIA
tamusc
AG
Are you using a VPN, traveling or using a new wifi connection?
texrover91
AG
tamusc said:

Are you using a VPN, traveling or using a new wifi connection?

Nope nothing new there - I haven't tried from the desktop as I rarely login on the desktop - 99% of my access is via mobile

I had to turn off Touch ID though to confirm the password was saved - turns out it was either deleted or never existed but couldn't open passwords with fingerprint

Maybe texags is timing out logins? Since I added it back to my passwords in settings my session stays up longer but eventually times out

tamusc
AG
Recently reset your iCloud password or update iOS on your phone?
texrover91
AG
I'm up to date 10.3.2 but but I didn't purposely do an update this week - this all happened overnight and the first thought was a forced update - for sure haven't been promoted for an update recently

but I've never lost open webpages and lost credentials with an update but I'm sure it happens -

And thank you for the help

tamusc
AG
I've had individual app updates force me to log in again and those happen without any intervention with standard settings. So that could be what happened to you myFICO app, but wouldn't account for the issues with Safari.

I assume you've rebooted the phone during all your troubleshooting? I'm not sure what else it could be at this point and I know rebooting can clear random issues with iOS.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.