Location Services Issues - iphone

482 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Hincemm
Hincemm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My iphone is having issues with location services (gps via waze, lyft, etc). it will pick up my approximate location (like a 100 meter radius), but that kinda jacks everything up.

Is this an iphone issue or and AT&T issue? Or is it tough to say with this few details?

Just trying to figure out who to yell at...
akaggie05
AG
Sounds to me like your phone is able to derive its approximate location using cell tower triangulation but isn't getting any help from GPS. There have been issues reported through the years where various phone models have issues with the internal GPS antenna becoming detached, loose, etc. Was the phone dropped recently, case opened, etc?
tamusc
AG
Probably a phone issue.

What kind of troubleshooting have you done so far? Have you dropped or damaged your phone recently?
Hincemm
AG
no to drops...at least nothing that i can recall. i'll run it by an apple store. thanks.
tamusc
AG
Make sure you have a current iCloud backup first.
akaggie05
AG
Not sure about iOS, but on Android there are a few apps that I've used through the years that allow viewing of GPS / GLONASS data directly (# of satellites with fix, exact location readout, etc.). You might try one of those to see if the GPS portion is even receiving valid data and presenting a usable output to other applications on the phone that use location services.
Hincemm
AG
will do...thanks to all
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.