Building New PC, Need Help

5 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 91AggieLawyer
AggieSocialWorker32
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'll make this short. I am building a new system and need some suggestions on where to buy. I've been to Fry's multiple times and have built two systems from stuff bought there but I am looking at buying online. I have been looking at pricewatch.com and also portatech and newegg. Can anyone suggest some other sites to shop? Lastly, I am looking at buying an FX8350 or 8370. Should I go with a Ryzen processor instead?

Thanks and Gig'em
Cloud
Build it out on pcpartpicker.com

Newegg is great. As well as amazon. See which site has each component cheaper. Pcpartpicker may pull prices for you, I don't remember.

And don't put an fx in a new build. Please use intel or a Ryzen.
aezmvp
Cloud said:

Newegg is great. As well as amazon. See which site has each component cheaper. Pcpartpicker may pull prices for you, I don't remember.

They will and second the Intel or Ryzen
tamusc
AG
aezmvp said:

Cloud said:

They will and second the Intel or Ryzen

Yeah, there is zero reason to build a system with an old FX processor anymore.

Whether you go with Intel or Ryzen depends on your budget and planned system use.
hunter2012
AG
get the processor and mobo from microcenter. They have the best deals to start with and shop around for everything else.
Charlie Conway
hunter2012 said:

get the processor and mobo from microcenter. They have the best deals to start with and shop around for everything else.
this guy knows things
DayAg!
S
Be patient and subscribe to Micro centers email. Not everything is cheap as going to the store, and a lot of sales are in store purchase only. That being said, factor shipping and tax when you compare prices. That plus gasoline if you have to driver to the store. They arent that plentiful around. There is one in Plano and one in Houston. So that can be a factor if you have to drive. For the price of shipping vs. gas. you might get it cheaper on Ebay or Newegg. Pc Partpicker doesnt stay up to date with their lists and prices.
DeepEastTxAg
AG
Will second the the Ryzen or Intel comments. Intel will be a good bit more expensive. Definitely look into the Ryzen 1600 or 1600X. Great price/performance ratio. It'll definitely be worth ponying up the extra money over an FX.
91AggieLawyer
AG
What about using the Xeon chip?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.