iOS 11 beta

735 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by tamusc
Brick Tamland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Has anyone downloaded this yet? I've been playing around with it the last couple of days and like it but still haven't figured everything out yet
tamusc
AG
Waiting for public beta 2 before putting it on my iPad.

I did get to play around with dev beta 2 on an iPad and was very impressed.

There are so many improvements/changes that I highly recommend watching one of the feature overview videos on YouTube.
Brick Tamland
I downloaded it on my iPhone with no problems but when I downloaded it to my work iPad it freaked because it's managed by the IT department and they hadn't created a profile for iOS 11 yet. Kinda sucks but shows why I need my own personal iPad or Mac
Pman17
AG
I downloaded for my phone, but I decided to downgrade since a few apps crash like DirecTV Now and my Navdy app for my car HUD. Then the dang iCloud backups wouldn't work, kept going up in hours without having any progress. I had to restart fresh today, lost all of my Health data from my watch . I thought that was encrypted in the cloud. Apparently you have to export the data. Oh well, at least I can start fresh again and re-organize my phone and get rid or forget the apps I had on it.

P.S. Backup to your computer rather than iCloud for the betas.

My thoughts, some good improvements. Sluggish as with all iOS Betas in the past. I freakin love the new Siri voice! App Store is gonna take some time getting used to. Dash controls seem easier. I'm not digging the new iMessage App bar though it's easier than flipping through pages. The swipe down on keys seems pretty nifty for the iPad.

I kept it on my iPad Air 2.

I tried Apple TV OS11 to see what that was but I don't see a difference and it crashes DirecTV Now so I downgraded that as well.
tamusc
AG
Brick Tamland said:

I downloaded it on my iPhone with no problems but when I downloaded it to my work iPad it freaked because it's managed by the IT department and they hadn't created a profile for iOS 11 yet. Kinda sucks but shows why I need my own personal iPad or Mac
Yeah, both my iPhone and iPad are mine, but I have AirWatch on them in order to have access to my work stuff on them. I was told that my IT department would hopefully have a profile available to me to try once public beta 2 is out so I don't have lose access to work resources on my iPad when I try.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.