"Please unplug your headphone from this device"

6,320 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by bmc13
Mucho austin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This happened on my iPhone:

I was just listening to iheart radio like normal, and all of a sudden what I was listening to got quiet and a ladies voice came on and said "Please unplug your headphone from this device".

3 seconds later there's a very loud beeping type sound. Of course my headphones were still in because I was trying to process what the heck was going on.

A google search on that phrase pulls up nothing describing my experience.

Has anyone else experienced this? Do I now have brain AIDS? Was it aliens? Did I died?
Hulla Baller
AG
That's what you get for not reading the latest update from Apple.
fta09
AG
I have always used Android phones for personal phones and an iPhone for a work phone. I prefer the soft Android ear buds, and whenever I use them in my iPhone instead of the hard iPhone ear buds, I get a constant clicking noise. No issues using other brand Bluetooth headsets etc, but they damn sure know the difference when Samsung ear buds are plugged in.
tamusc
AG
What model iPhone?
Mucho austin
AG
iPhone SE
OnlyForNow
AG
Is it possible that static electricity could have built up in the ear phone cord and the phone somehow detects this and suggests dconnexting to avoid mild shock?
tamusc
AG
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203026

Quote:

Check for debris, damage, or loose connections
[ol]
  • Check for debris in the headphone port on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
  • Check your headphone cable, connector, remote, and earbuds for damage, like wear or breakage.
  • Look for debris on the meshes in each earbud. To remove debris, gently brush all openings with a small, soft-bristled brush that's clean and dry.
  • Firmly plug your headphones back in. If your iOS device has a case, remove the case to get a firm connection.
  • [/ol]

I'd look into one of these issues as I'd suspect something is wrong with the headphones or connector (either the one on t he headphones or the plug on the iPhone itself.
    bmc13
    AG
    the last stage of DRM. you are no longer allowed to listen to music you've purchased through an analog output. it must be directly through a speaker
    Mucho austin
    AG
    Ok I figured it out.

Apparently you cannot listen to iHeartRadio on headphones and open the Square app. Music and money acceptance don't mix.
    wheelskjm
    AG
    bmc13 said:

the last stage of DRM. you are no longer allowed to listen to music you've purchased through an analog output. it must be directly through a speaker

That's pretty ****y.

**** the music industry.
    tamusc
    AG
    Wow
    jokershady
    AG
    Hulla Baller said:

That's what you get for not reading the latest update from Apple.

You don't read the updates!?

Ag03 CQE
    AG
    bmc13 said:

Makes sense. I used this method to strip DRM out of a lot of music I downloaded legally.
    dubi
    AG
    bmc13 said:

So you weren't joking????
    bmc13
    AG
    dubi said:

bmc13 said:

So you weren't joking????

only somewhat
    Refresh
    Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.