Steam Summer Sale

2,781 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by LoudestWHOOP!
texasaggie04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Starts tomorrow, June 22.

Good deals, as per IGN:

Day 1 - Thursday, June 22

Over $20
Under $20
Under $10
Under $5
Wildmen03
AG
I'll keep an eye on it, but there's not much out there for me to break out the wallet. I'll mostly be cruising the under $5 category.
Pman17
AG
Pman17
AG
Crap, I get paid tomorrow

Come on VR sales!
sdc177
AG
Hopefully Amazon matches a few of the good deals. I have about $25 in digital shipping credits to burn.
SeattleAgJr
so few bargains at this point/

my backlog is huge.
rhutton125
AG
My project this year was to clear my steam backlog. Only beat probably 1-in-3 but was able to try and write off a lot of games.

New policy: only buying games I intend on playing right away.
3rdGen2015
AG
The Steam Link is on sale for $15 on Amazon instead of the usual $50. Anybody know anything about it?
Jason_Ag98
AG
I bought a Steam Link a couple of months ago when it was on sale for $20. I've only spent a little time on it but it seems OK. Even over a wired network there's some lag, so it may not be optimal for precision gaming.

The fact that they're dumping them at such a steep discount makes me think it's either about to be discontinued or replaced with a newer model.
Ganondorf
AG
steam link on samsung tvs.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/353380/announcements/detail/1326721370061265107
Pman17
AG
I have Steam Link as well. I barely use it, but it is best to have everything wired.

Store is experiencing High Traffic right now
The big thing to look for this year is VR.

Shadow of Mordor $4
Civ 6 $36

VR
Tilt Brush $15
Solus $10
Sports Bar $12
Raw Data $31
Pinball FX 2 $7.50
Surgeon Sim $13.40
Fruit Ninja $10
Space Pirate Trainer $10.50
Rick and Morty $24
Job Sim $21

Hoping for some flash deals
rhutton125
AG
Are they doing flash deals? I thought last year the deals were static and maybe they highlighted something each day, but basically all the same prices.
Pman17
AG
I don't see any flash deals.
KidDoc
AG
I'll be picking up Civ 6 at last.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
04texag
AG
I just picked up Furi and Wolcen....meh we'll see if they are any good
Ganondorf
AG
Subnautica for $9.99. Yep.
Eliminatus
AG
HaloWars FTW!!!
I never knew they posted it to PC.

The only game ever created that I prefer a gamepad to keyboard and mouse. And it's an RTS! The controls are so fluid and intuitive with a game pad.

That was an instabuy for me.

Other than that looking at a few DLC but only other full game I want now is Tyranny.
Marsh
AG
No more flash sales. The prices will stay the same throughout the sale unless the game creator would like to reduce the price at some point during the sale (unlikely).
HortAg09
AG
NO FLASH SALES??

At least i dont have to worry about the price dropping after a purchase but it was nice scoring games for a couple bucks.
Pman17
AG
Is Batman VR any good? I'm looking to pick up at least one VR title.
sdc177
AG
I am having trouble finding anything that screams buy...
TexasAggie_02
AG
no man's sky is $23.99. i might actually try it now.
agmrpink
AG
If y'all haven't tried it yet, Torchlight 2 is an action RPG most definitely worth the $5, especially with all the available mods.
getme
$10 for Project Cars if you have the hardware looks amazing and Nex Machina for $16 if you've been looking for a Smash TV-like game with local two player coop.
AggieChemE09
AG
hunter2012
AG
on Origin, Mass Effect Anromeda is 50% off and Dragon Inquisition GotY Edition is $20.
Wildmen03
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

Don't touch it unless it's under 10 bucks.
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
Jason_Ag98 said:

I bought a Steam Link a couple of months ago when it was on sale for $20. I've only spent a little time on it but it seems OK. Even over a wired network there's some lag, so it may not be optimal for precision gaming.

The fact that they're dumping them at such a steep discount makes me think it's either about to be discontinued or replaced with a newer model.
Check to see if your TV has a game mode for one of the video settings. Makes a huge difference.
Thriller
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

so much wasted potential.
AgMarauder04
AG
SHADOW OF MORDOR.

HELLS YEAH.
SPullig
Did anyone play Panzer General growing up? I just found Panzer Corps which plays exactly like it but has updated graphics. Similar gameplay to it the original in the hex based design and fighting. Base game is on sale for <15 but I had a gift card and bought the full bundle for $32. So far I've really enjoyed it. Should keep me busy over the next year.
SeattleAgJr
hunter2012 said:

on Origin, Mass Effect Anromeda is 50% off and Dragon Inquisition GotY Edition is $20.
I can wait for the fall/black Friday sale on both of those.
KidDoc
AG
A couple of the smaller games that I have played a good bit are Helldivers (on PS4) and Darkest Dungeon.

Helldivers is a tactical isometric game kinda like Diablo but it doesn't have all the item drops and more importantly it has friendly fire. It is pretty difficult and will die a ton. Lots of fun with people you know. Lots of weapons and deployables to unlock, I love my mechs!

Darkest Dungeon is a single player brutally hard RPG with permadeath. Graphics are interesting they are more of arty than realistic but I dig it. Dungeons are randomly generated and you walk from left to right like a Scooby-Doo cartoon. I haven't finished it but getting there!

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Twice an Aggie
AG
Total War Warhammer is 66% off
texasaggie04
AG
I'll admit, I've actually been a little disappointed in the sale so far... I feel like prices in general are much higher than in the past. Maybe my hopes were just unrealistically high.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.