iRacing

980 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TecRecAg
TecRecAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any of you guys do iRacing? Just started about two weeks ago and it's becoming a really fun habit. Currently working on my C oval license.
aggieforester05
AG
I do occasionally, but I do flight sim a lot more and rarely want to bother swapping out all of the controls. It's a pretty awesome racing sim, but I also enjoy assetto corsa. Once I can figure out a set up where I can easily swap my monitors from workstation, to flight sim controls, to racing sim controls, I will get into it more.
BradC34
AG
I'm afraid if I ever did I'd spend way too much money and time on it.
aggieforester05
AG
AggieBowhunter10 said:

I'm afraid if I ever did I'd spend way too much money and time on it.
Flight Sim and Racing Sim can both be very expensive. Besides the never ending amount of money you can spend on software, the hardware is very expensive. I was looking at a racing seat setup the other day that was $80K. It was nice, but damn!

For reference, you can spend $150+ on a single airliner for P3D and close to $100 for X-Plane 11. That's not to mention all of the custom scenery, airports, traffic, weather, etc. At least with iracing the cars are like $15 each and the tracks are close to that as well.
TecRecAg
AG
aggieforester05 said:

At least with iracing the cars are like $15 each and the tracks are close to that as well.

It is nice that the cars and tracks are cheaper than most DLC sim content. If you really focus on 1 thing in iRacing (oval, dirt, road) you just have to buy everything once and be done with it. It also helps that they provide discounts if you buy 3 or more items at a time.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.