Squaretrade warranties?

562 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by pnut02
heddleston
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
While laptop shopping, I noticed that Woot has the same computer i was looking at at Dell's website, but a good bit cheaper. the only difference is that i can only get a 1yr Dell warranty and would have to get an extended warranty from Squaretrade to go beyond that or get accident protection. Are they worth anything or should i pay $50 or so more for access to a direct warranty from Dell?
Pman17
AG
Idk, haven't used one yet but I have a bunch of warranties on stuff through them from Amazon.
pnut02
AG
Had a SquareTrade warranty on a Samsung washing machine. Washing machine crapped out (tub bearing); instead of calling someone out to fix it, they cut me a check for the purchase price. Labor + part weren't worth the hassle. I'm a fan of their customer service.
dubi
AG
I had a positive experience with Square Trade and a broken cell phone.
91AggieLawyer
AG
02 -- was it just a check and that's it? They didn't tell you to have the washer picked up?

I suspect they will do that on most things as they collect enough of a small amount from a bunch of people that cutting a check is cheaper than the resources needed for coordinating repairs and dealing with customers who aren't happy with such repairs.
pnut02
AG
Yea, they basically could tell over the phone (I held it in the drum) that the bearing was going out. Sent me a check and that was it. They just asked that I dispose of it properly.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.