Phone GPS issues

1,130 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Absolute
Absolute
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Details, Samsung Note 4 (about 23 months old) Verizon.

Suddenly this week my GPS is always disconnecting and Maps (or Waze) are constantly searching and are lost.

Nothing changed in my settings or apps or usage or area I am driving in. Did add several lines to my plan this weekend when we moved the family back onto my plan after a failed AT&T experiment.

Phone has been a bit l a g g y (who knew this was a bad word) lately, especially noticeable in the navigation apps.

Is there some system issue? What can I check on the phone? I have gone in and confirmed the location settings were correct and cycled them off and back on.

Is this part of the master plan of the manufacturers and providers to make phone crap out at 2 years so you have to buy a new 800 dollar phone that you shouldn't need and doesn't really do all that much different despite the marketing hype?

Irritating, because I actually use the maps apps to find my inspection appointment each day.
Icecream_Ag
S
I thought all the note 4's were recalled because of the exploding battery?

have you dropped it or put a new case on it?

Only other thing I would know to check is an update
trueaggie2782
AG
I think it's a problem with waze. I have an iPhone and have been having that same issue for months now.
Absolute
AG
Same case, haven't dropped it
It has updated a few time recently m

I mainly use google maps around town. So have noticed it there more.
Bassmaster
AG
I've been having the exact same issue with my iphone. It has been going on for about 5 months now and I can't figure it out. It is driving me crazy.
redd38
AG
On my old Samsung Galaxy S3 the GPS eventually started sucking, I found a suggestion on the internet to tighten the screws on the back, I did that and the GPS started working properly again. So worth a shot.
bam02
AG
Same issue with galaxy s7
bigtruckguy3500
redd38 said:

On my old Samsung Galaxy S3 the GPS eventually started sucking, I found a suggestion on the internet to tighten the screws on the back, I did that and the GPS started working properly again. So worth a shot.
I was about to suggest this. The top left screw when you're looking at the battery is the culprit. Not sure on the Note 4, but I'd give it a try.
Absolute
AG
Tightened them up. They all turned slightly. Will see.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.