Rising storm 2: Vietnam

1,301 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Johnny2Fan
Johnny2Fan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just played wave 7 beta. Great game so far. Looks like the release date is May 30th.

http://www.risingstorm2.com/

AcctAg11
AG
Somewhat buggy still, but that's to be expected. Pretty fun so far and shaping up to be just as good as Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm.

I like that the progression system doesn't include equipment, so that everything you could want to use is available right away. They need more maps, but they already have plans to add more, some from the community as well, for free.
Johnny2Fan
Clunky right now. So many glitches and the handling of the weapons and movements are ruff. But wow what a game! All movements with squads moving in on an objective is non like ive seen before. All together and as one and not just a few with lone wolves all over the place. Great game in the making.
AcctAg11
AG
Ya still some bugs from what I saw, especially with the placing of traps and tunnels or almost any time when trying to place the MG bipods, but still pretty fun.

I actually thought the teamwork and communication were lacking a bit, when compared to Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm, but I attribute that to people mostly not knowing what they are doing yet and think it will get better when people get more experience and certain crowds that the game isn't tailored to filter out.

They also need to add a stamina system, like in their previous game.

Can't wait for the next beta wave/open beta!
Johnny2Fan
Love the flying as well. Hard to master but once you do, it's so rewarding! The troops appreciate a nice landing and putting them at the right spots safely. Also, no bottlenecks on any maps. So you have to really move slow and watch your 360. Love it! The assult weapons for the nva are awfully inaccurate. But we have the jungle to our advantage.

Johnny2Fan
Johnny2Fan
Rumors are the release date is today. Or another beta wave. Jump on board while the price is right.
AcctAg11
AG
Johnny2Fan said:

Rumors are the release date is today. Or another beta wave. Jump on board while the price is right.

They mentioned a while back that they planned to do an open beta wave before release. The website has a countdown that ends in about 6 hours. I'm thinking it will be the open beta, perhaps with the release set for the end of the month?
AcctAg11
AG
It also could be a countdown to the end of the sale, but that's a lot less exciting.
AcctAg11
AG
Looks like the Open Beta has started. Free to play if you don't have it.
Johnny2Fan
Not happy with the disconnecting every other game and the studdering. Not a good look for open beta.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.