Samsung TV error

927 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by YouBet
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Plasma tv. Was working fine and then out of the blue today I'm getting this error: "Your tv does not support this programs content protection. Replacing the tvs HDMI cable with component cables will allow you to view the program".

Um, yeah, that is not an acceptable solution. I've updated tvs software, unplugged all cables and repligged, reset DTV box, and nothing. TV is 5 years old.

Any ideas?
Icecream_Ag
S
Uverse?

That's an issue with their boxes that they refuse to fix
Icecream_Ag
S
Missed the DTV.

Have you tried a different port? A new HDMI cable?

Also call DTV to make sure there are no updates that aren't processing. Sometimes one would get stuck sending with uverse and cause issues.

It could also be the DTV box.
hph6203
AG
Not sure if by unplugged you mean the power to the boxes? If not then I'd say unplug the HDMI from the TV, unplug the power to the TV and DirecTV box for 30 seconds and then plug the power back to the TV, plug the HDMI cable back in and then plug the power back into the DirecTV box.

What you're having is an HDCP handshake error, assuming your TV does in fact support HDCP. Composite cables do not support HDCP checks, which is why they suggest that solution. If you've done this already then I don't know how to fix it beyond removing power.
bmc13
AG
try a different hdmi port on the tv and/or a new cable
YouBet
AG
Tried new cable to no avail. Will try specific unplug order listed above when I get home tonight.
YouBet
AG
Welp, tried all of above to no avail. Awesome.

Flagship TV and I can't use it.
Icecream_Ag
S
Every time I researched, the error was due to the cable box and not the TV itself. May need to call DTV about a new box
YouBet
AG
Yeah, guess I will do that next. It just makes no sense that I'm suddenly getting this overnight when none of my equipment has changed in 2-3 years.
Icecream_Ag
S
Had the error with uverse and it ended up being an issue with their boxes. For some reason they just stop talking to Samsungs. Now have xfinity and the same ports that have the handshake error work fine.
YouBet
AG
Fixed it. Turned out my receiver's main HDMI input must be burned out. After unplugging and replugging again I found another input that works.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.