Pulling the trigger on a pre-built gaming PC - which brand?

798 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aezmvp
wee_ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Finally doing it. Going to get a new PC with the return of my interest free investment in the Federal Government. I was thinking of building my own, but I'm lazy, and old, and clouds. So pre-built it is.

I'm seeing a lot of brands and am curious on which would be the best to go with considering parts and quality. Alienware, iBUYPOWER, CyberpowerPC, CybertronPC, others? Buy straight from dealer, go through 3rd party (like Amazon or BestBuy for the rewards)

Thoughts?
YouBet
AG
I bought a Digital Storm Slade. It's quiet, not flashy, and upgrade-able forever.

Think of the Monolith in 2001: A Space Odyssey. You can own that.
jay040
I've been buying IBuyPower PCs since 2002 - never had any problems.
FatZilla
AG
jay040 said:

I've been buying IBuyPower PCs since 2002 - never had any problems.

This
Claude!
Falcon Northwest also makes some nice computers, though they're a little pricier than some other options.
GarlandAg2012
AG
If you have a Microcenter nearby, their house brand PowerSpec has some good deals frequently. I have one for my work machine and it has been very good and fast so far.
tamusc
AG
Claude! said:

Falcon Northwest also makes some nice computers, though they're a little pricier than some other options.

One of my friends dropped over five grand on one. Ridiculously overpriced for the components. Still, every component was top notch and the build quality was fantastic. Probably the first prebuilt that I've opened up and couldn't find something I would have done better or differently myself. Their service was also excellent when he had a problem with the mobo due to him screwing up a BiOS update.

He actually just sold it to a coworker for enough to finance an entire new build that I put together for him.

As others have said, iBuypower sells solid, well made systems with good components for a reasonable price.

If money is no object, go Falcon Northwest. If you actually have a budget, can't go wrong with iBuypower.
aezmvp
tamusc said:

Claude! said:

One of my friends dropped over five grand on one. Ridiculously overpriced for the components. Still, every component was top notch and the build quality was fantastic. Probably the first prebuilt that I've opened up and couldn't find something I would have done better or differently myself. Their service was also excellent when he had a problem with the mobo due to him screwing up a BiOS update.

He actually just sold it to a coworker for enough to finance an entire new build that I put together for him.

As others have said, iBuypower sells solid, well made systems with good components for a reasonable price.

If money is no object, go Falcon Northwest. If you actually have a budget, can't go wrong with iBuypower.
This x100. The Falcon Northwest folks really do a superb job on their builds. iBuypower is quite good, though I usually will fiddle with their cord management and especially airflow management.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.