COD WWII

3 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MW03
mmtexasace
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well it's official, Call of Duty is going back to WWII. Reveal will be on April 26th, 12PM CST.

Twitter Announcement

HossAg
AG
Wish it was modern warfare era, but at least we're back to boots on the ground and this should minimize the amount of stupid stuff they can put in the game.
k20dub
AG
Pumped for this. WWII games were always my favorite.
BradC34
AG
B-29 nuke kill streak reward
wangus12
AG
Now this I can get behind
Say Chowdah
AG
Hopefully the campaign will be worth it. I don't like paying 60 bucks for an 8 hour game.
agfan2013
AG
Sucks for those of us who backed battalion 1944 on kickstarter, this is gonna hurt them bad.

If it's decent and doesn't have jet packs, I just might buy my first new CoD game since MW3....
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Finally.

This will be the first COD I've given a sh*t about in 10 years.....
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Now that they're going back to their roots I can go back to complaining about how they need to push the series forward.
AgsWin2011
AG
Finally! The last handful of COD games have been absolute SHlT!
HossAg
AG
The last great cod was black ops 2. That was 5 years ago. I'm ready for greatness again.
Teddy Perkins
AG
I hadn't turned my xbox on for 5 years and just recently got an xbox one and infinite warfare. Help me understand the hate. I actually enjoy infinite warfare a lot but don't have much of a point of reference.
Buck O Five
AG
Ah, back to hip firing the M1 Garand in Carentan. PIIINGGG!
HossAg
AG
I have a pretty long list of complaints that makes me hate the game, and I'm a die-hard Call of duty fan, so it hurts to not like the game.

First, the time to kill is just ridiculously quick. You die too fast. Treyarch, the studio that makes the black ops games, always gets the time to kill right. Advanced warfare was pretty good about this as well, as were mw2 and mw3 for the most part.

Second, there is just too much stupid stuff in the game as far as the types of grenades and energy weapons and such. It makes the game unbalanced and too complex to have all of those things in there.

Third, the maps just suck. A good call of duty map should consist of 3 main lanes to support the different game types and keep the spawns balanced. Infinity Ward has really sucked at providing enough of these good maps in this game and COD ghosts.

Fourth, the jetpacks. They're just awful. They make everything too fast. The fact that someone can be across the map in seconds and just jump over something to get somewhere is ridiculous. It takes away the consequences of dying in a respawn game when you can instantly be back where you were (capture the flag and hardpoint especially). There's too many issues to list that are caused by jet packs, but just know that they arent beneficial.

Finally, I think most long time cod players can agree that all these things combine to just make infinite warfare not feel like a classic call of duty game. I think that's most people want back now. Everyone was begging for "change" 4 years ago, and they brought the change. The jetpacks and thruster packs just ruin the classic experience and meta of the game. When I think call of duty, I think of cod 4, mw2, mw3, and black ops 2 as the best experiences. They need to get back to the "feel" that those games had.
Pilmer
AG
November 3rd is the rumored release date.
92Ag95
AG
Good

Did not like all the futuristic CoD bulllllsht.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
It's sledgehammer's turn correct?
HossAg
AG
Yep
jr15aggie
AG
COD definitely hung around the "future shooter" way too long with wall running, booster packs, and way too many gadgets and crazy kill streak perks. Not the type of MP I enjoy at all. Hopefully they are taking a nice long look at MW2 when designing the MP for this game!
flakrat
AG
Here's hoping they don't scrimp on the single player. I love the multiplayer but always loved the heck out of single player.

Not holding my breath, my guess, tomorrow they will announce 6 solid hours of single player.

Looking forward to WW2 again, though.
MaroonStain
AG
https://www.callofduty.com/wwii?utm_campaign=wwii-reveal-us&utm_medium=search&utm_source=google&utm_term=cod-BMM
jr15aggie
AG
MaroonStain said:

https://www.callofduty.com/wwii?utm_campaign=wwii-reveal-us&utm_medium=search&utm_source=google&utm_term=cod-BMM
Randomly checked this thread... well, I guess I just found my lunch break entertainment!

I'm sure it's going to look awesome... I'm sure I'll want to buy it cause I'm a huge nerd. Gotta give Activision credit... we are so sick of COD at this point, but darned if I don't keep coming back for more on occasion!
Pman17
AG
They showed some footage, looks cool. Can't wait for E3
MaroonStain
AG
NOVEMBER 3RD?!?!? So far, far away...
BradC34
AG
Oh another gritty shooter? Because lord knows WWII has been romanticized too much in past video games (NEED MOAR GRIT!). Looks like a long-awaited Brothers In Arms sequel without the strategy.
jeffk
AG
Didn't see anything that makes me want to preorder.
mmtexasace
AG

wangus12
AG
Medal of Honor did it better
jeffk
AG
wangus12 said:

Medal of Honor did it better

The whole time I was watching the trailer that's pretty much what I was thinking.
Pman17
AG
jeffk said:

Didn't see anything that makes me want to preorder.
I'm waiting till E3 before I decide. Like last year, there will be too many games and some will go on sale during the Holiday sale.
jr15aggie
AG
I listened to their live stream in the background during lunch... most of it was typical "we went to great lengths to make this so friggin authentic..."

Was eye roll worthy. My main interest is they are promising "boots on the ground" multiplayer. Thank you... old school COD MP was indeed one of the best! Can't wait to start camping... err... strategically killing fools and calling in kill streak rewards!
agfan2013
AG
Best quote I've seen was something to the effect of "their loyal fanbase will still buy it as usual, but now they will bring back many of the franchise fans who left the series these last years".

I think they've got a winner on their hands, sure WW II has been done a lot, but not recently. The last time gamers stormed the beaches of Normandy was in MoH AA on the PC, I cant wait to see what they can do for the graphics and atmosphere on the current tech.

As Jr15 said, the release was full of their classic one-liners "we've been working hard at this for a long time" "its going to be the most immersive experience to date" and so on, so take it all with a grain of salt but I do think they learned their lesson over these last few games not selling as well.

A full singleplayer coupled with a totally different coop campaign.....all they need is to not screw up the multiplayer and this thing will sell like crazy. Again, WWII has been done a lot in the gaming industry over the years, but its like every developer jumped out of it at the same time 5 years ago and now CoD is finally going to be the one to go back. I'll say this: It's the first time i've considered buying a Cod game since MW3 and I owned every single CoD from 2 all the way through MW3.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Same here. Its been since MW2 that I've played CoD, and my friends abandoned it the same time I did. But we're all extremely hyped about this one. Cant wait.
FL_Ag1998
AG
And yeah, cant wait to start sniping again and listening to the beautiful sound of titty-babies crying about campers! Music to my ears!
Madmarttigan
AG
Looks like the campaign may be cool. The last time I played a FPS campaign I enjoyed was MW1 and MW2.

I am hoping scorpio will release at the same time as either COD or Star Wars so I dont have to buy two copies...... Or will scorpio just play the same game at higher settings?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.