Best tablet with detachable keyboard?

615 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by fig96
Counterpoint
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What's the best tablet that has a detachable keyboard? Is the Surface any good? I would be using it for streaming, email, work, Photoshop, and some video editing.
nai06
AG
If it were me, id look at the surfacebook. Its the only one I know of that will stand up by itself like a lap top and still detach

https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Surface-Book/productID.5072642200
Counterpoint
AG
thanks!
aezmvp
I love my Surface Pro. I'd recommend any of them.
Eliminatus
AG
In love with my surface pro as well. Highly recommend them.

Look at specs though if you are looking to do more than light video editing. Hard to imagine anything other than a desktop crunching through some medium to hardcore editing.
bam02
AG
I have a lenovo x1. It will stand up without its keyboard. I'm not too impressed with it, though.
fig96
AG
Eliminatus said:

In love with my surface pro as well. Highly recommend them.

Look at specs though if you are looking to do more than light video editing. Hard to imagine anything other than a desktop crunching through some medium to hardcore editing.
I and many others do some pretty intense editing on MacBook Pros, I'd imagine a Surface Book and maybe the Pro can hold up as well.

I will say that I owned a Surface 3 for a bit and it was pretty useless for Photoshop, there just wasn't enough screen area and the menus were tiny. That's kind of the caveat there, the good thing about the Surface is that it runs Windows and the bad thing is that it runs Windows

While I find the market positioning of the iPad Pro odd as a design professional, Apple has done a great job working with Adobe to build creative apps that are very nicely optimized for smaller touchscreens.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.