Bitcoin for computer power?

1,035 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by bigtruckguy3500
Naked Hiker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've been looking at an article about such technologies as Gomez PEER, Slicify, CoinBeez, Digital Generation, etc. Is there a good one that pays out in btc? I'm worried about not reaching the threshold for payout that I assume most of these have since they probably use USD and paypal. My computer isn't magnificent, but it does have a new, nice graphics card and none of the components are more than two years old. Any insights?
Civen
AG
From what I've read, unless you're top of the line with new equipment, you can't expect more than $0.01-$0.015/hr... which is barely enough to cover the increased cost of running your computer under load vs. idle. This, plus the wear that being under load would put on your system, makes me think its not a great idea for most people.

If you live in an apartment (or dorms) that pay your utilities for you, or are a really shady IT worker with access to a bunch of systems that never get looked at, then go for it.
akaggie05
AG
I don't think the OP was talking about actually mining for Bitcoin, but instead wants to get paid for other services, in Bitcoin. If mining, then yes, you pretty much have to have an FPGA or ASIC rig these days to just break even.
wheelskjm
AG
I'm still not sure what OP is asking
permabull
AG
bigtruckguy3500
Not what the OP is talking about, I don't think, but interesting

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.