Budget Android phone recommendations?

1,342 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by bigtruckguy3500
bigtruckguy3500
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm in need of a new Android phone, either unlocked or with T-Mobile. It'll be replacing a Galaxy S3, so it doesn't have to be anything fancy at all.

I mainly need good battery life, good reception, a decent camera, and something that'll last me a good 3 years or so.

I was looking at the Moto G4 or the newly released G5. Some of the older Samsungs, like the S6, are the same price as the G5, but are a couple years old. Any thoughts on that.

Looking to spend up to $300.

Thank you
MaroonStain
AG
Don't get G5. G2 and G4 are only worthy editions of LG phone. G4 should be able to be acquired on the cheap.
HossAg
AG
He's talking about moto. The new Moto g5 is the best budget phone from what I've read.
Frozen Concoction
I bought a Moto G4 a couple of months ago after my Nexus went down. So far, It's been the best device I've owned. The screen could be a little brighter in full daylight, but otherwise there's nothing to complain about.
heddleston
AG
Another thumbs up to the Moto G5. Only real drawback is no NFC, but otherwise it'll get the job done.
permabull
AG
AggieDruggist89
AG
Unlocked refurbished galaxy S4, S5, or Note 4, with extra batteries from Amazon.

You can actually buy new unlocked Note 4 (the last great samsung phablet that allows you to add micro SD and replaceable battery) for less than $300.
bigtruckguy3500
Yeah, I read somewhere that the overseas version of the G5 plus had NFC. But I don't think I'll use it.

Debating on if the G5 plus is worth the extra $75-100 now that the G4 plus is starting to get big discounts. Anyone have any thoughts on the two? They'r'e different sizes, so maybe i'll run by best buy and see what it feels like in the hand.
bigtruckguy3500
My dad has a Note 4 and likes it. But it's like 2.5 years since it was released.
permabull
AG
aezmvp
Hell for $300 I'll sell you my excellent condition S7 Edge. My upgrade arrives this week.
atmtws
AG
Wait until May and get the Blackberry KeyOne.
permabull
AG
bigtruckguy3500
aezmvp said:

Hell for $300 I'll sell you my excellent condition S7 Edge. My upgrade arrives this week.
NVM, see you're in the Dallas area.

Condition of the phone? Color? Memory? Is the phone unlocked or locked on T-mobile? You willing to ship?
aezmvp
jtmurrey 81 gmail

I'll hook you up with photos and details.
bigtruckguy3500
e-mail sent
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.