YouTube TV

3,042 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TX_AG_10
Pman17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You tube TV is out but only in select cities. Yea, no Texas cities. Just the big ones where everything bad happens in the movies: NYC, Chicago, SF, LA, & Philly
$35
40+ Channels
Local Channels including CBS
Cloud DVR
Only works via Chromecast if you want on the TV
GPS has to be enabled
6 Users Per Account
No HBO, CNN, or Viacom Networks (Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, etc)
Showtime can be added as an extra cost add on.

https://tv.youtube.com/welcome/

Disney:
Broadcast: ABC
National Cable: ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3*, ESPNU, ESPNews, SEC Network, Disney Channel, Disney Junior, Disney XD, Freeform

NBCUniversal:
Broadcast: NBC, Telemundo*
National Cable: Bravo, Chiller, CNBC, E!, Golf Channel, MSNBC, Universo*, NBCSN, Oxygen, Sprout, SyFy, Universal HD, USA
Regional Cable: Comcast Regional Sports Networks, NECN (New England Cable News)

CBS:
Broadcast: CBS, The CW
National Cable: CBS Sports Network

Fox:
Broadcast: FOX
National Cable: FS1 (Fox Sports 1), FS2 (Fox Sports 2), BTN (Big Ten Network), FX, FXX, FXM, Nat Geo, Nat Geo Wild, Fox News, Fox Business
Regional Cable: Fox Regional Sports Networks

AMC Networks*:
AMC, BBC America, BBC World News, WE TV, IFC, Sundance TV

The Weather Channel:
Local Now*
rynning
AG
This is very compelling to me, especially the addition of regional Fox Sports and local channels. Do the others provide these yet?
agdaddy04
AG
Without nick jr not sure I could make the switch from DTVNow
coastalAg
AG
rynning said:

This is very compelling to me, especially the addition of regional Fox Sports and local channels. Do the others provide these yet?
Yes.

I think having CBS is the only real differentiator between this and the other services for me. It is lacking HBO, MLB and NFL Network and no apps for AppleTV, Fire TV, or Roku is disappointing.

I will hold out hope that Hulus service is the one that finally puts it all together. PSVue is still the leader in my opinion.
zurcaled11
AG
I am an HGTV channel away from convincing the wife to switch when available.
aTm2004
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Without nick jr not sure I could make the switch from DTVNow
if you have Amazon Prime, a lot of the Nickelodeon shows are on Prime Video, so you could always use that.
aTm2004
AG
zurcaled11 said:

Add in TLC, and this is me, though $100/mo savings could be convincing enough.
agdaddy04
AG
It's true, but i don't think peppa is included in prime
aTm2004
AG
That's a good thing b
jay040
HGTV and TLC are needed before I can switch from PS Vue.
tamusc
AG
jay040 said:

HGTV and TLC are needed before I can switch from PS Vue.
Yup, I'm in the same situation with the GF. I finally got her comfortable with using Vue for TV too.
Ol Sarge Friday
aTm2004 said:

zurcaled11 said:

So since youtubetv isn't available in Texas yet, what are the options to reduce cable prices? My uverse bill is ridiculous given that we watch very little TV. I need local channels including PBS, HGTV & Hallmark for the wife, and Aggie Football and Rangers baseball. I think everything else I could live without for the right price.

DVR capability or on demand is a must.
aTm2004
AG
CK86AG said:

aTm2004 said:

zurcaled11 said:

So since youtubetv isn't available in Texas yet, what are the options to reduce cable prices? My uverse bill is ridiculous given that we watch very little TV. I need local channels including PBS, HGTV & Hallmark for the wife, and Aggie Football and Rangers baseball. I think everything else I could live without for the right price.
Sling TV, Direct TV Now, and Playstation Vue are your primary options. Some offer cloud DVRish service, PSV and Sling don't offer the Fox Sports affiliates to my knowledge. Direct TV Now may not as well. Even if they don't, you can get MLB.tv for the Rangers for like $70 for the year, which will still put you out ahead.
agproducer
AG
CK86AG said:

aTm2004 said:

zurcaled11 said:

DVR capability or on demand is a must.
PSVue has FSSW for Rangers games. It also has SEC Network and ESPN for the Ags. You won't have CBS or PBS. You'll have to invest in an OTA antenna. But, Vue has cloud DVR.

Here's a link from back in November with channel lineups. They may have changed slightly.

Sling vs DirecTVNow vs PSVue

I use an OTA antenna for my CBS and PBS (no dvr), then Vue for all my other channels (cloud DVR). I'm using MLB.tv because the Astros are on ROOT and unavailable on any streaming service. A word of warning though -- the cloud DVR is just ok and doesn't offer the flexibility of a regular DVR. So, you will likely need to watch all your sports live.

Oh, and my TV + internet is $85/month. I had been paying $180 for DirecTV & internet.
daj005
Unless it has Viacom or ESPN get suddenlink basic cable (about $35) after boxes and fees- use the apps you get for free and you get 29 channels + music channels.

I honestly think playstation VUE or Sling TV might be the way to go if you are avoiding paying (my company) Suddenlink, DTV or Dish cable/satellite prices. If you want Viacom channels go with DTV as Dish is about to drop them from its line-up or stream via Hulu.

Best option - Internet, Sling TV, Netflix, Hulu (cable is expensive unless you are a massive sports fan)
Dustin Johston
Suddenlink Direct Sales
979-204-4909
dustin.johnston@alticeusa.com
Ol Sarge Friday
Thanks for the info. Probably a dumb question but do you need a Playstation for PSVue? Also, would you need one for each TV set you were planning on watching?

On MLB, I'm in what would be considered the Rangers home viewing area and watch most games on FSN. Does MLB observe a blackout area?
agproducer
AG
CK86AG said:

Thanks for the info. Probably a dumb question but do you need a Playstation for PSVue? Also, would you need one for each TV set you were planning on watching?

On MLB, I'm in what would be considered the Rangers home viewing area and watch most games on FSN. Does MLB observe a blackout area?
You don't need a PlayStation for Vue. You just need a streaming device like a fire stick, roku, or Apple TV. You'd need a streaming device for each tv. Vue is an app like Netflix. If you have smart tvs, you may be able to add it without the streaming devices.

IMO, Sony screwed up calling it PlayStation Vue. It causes confusion.

MLB does observe blackout area, but if you are able to currently watch the rangers on FSSW, you will be able to watch it on Vue.

My thing was, if I tried it and didn't like it, cable was still there. Vue has a free trial. Check it out. After dropping cable, I'll never go back.
howdydamnit04
AG
Fyi YouTube TV is coming to Houston and DFW in the coming weeks.

https://youtube.googleblog.com/2017/06/updates-from-vidcon-more-users-more.html?m=1
TX_AG_10
AG
It's live for Houston..

http://www.droid-life.com/2017/07/20/new-youtube-tv-markets/
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.