ad blockers

498 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by SeattleAgJr
sts7049
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
it seems like more and more websites are forcing you to either whitelist their pages on adblockers or subscribe in order to view their page.

is there any good way around this anymore? or are we all going to have to just adjust and view more ads?
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
I use privacy badger and it allows you to only allow the things you want. So you can block all the google crap if you want to but still view things. I hate all ads and will refuse to use a website if they don't pass my Privacy Badger settings. If I absolutely need it, I'll open the page in a different browser.
FatZilla
AG
I use ABP with these filters. When i rarely hit a site that blocks if, you can reload and hit the "Stop" button on your browser before that block hits. That or use google cache mode to read the article.

SeattleAgJr
the sad thing is that some of the new ads here on Texags cause issues with Internet Explorer.

Yes, in before the IE jokes, but I only have problems with this on THIS site, with ads causing things to pause all the damn time.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.