Anyone still play Everquest 1?

1,462 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by KidDoc
Nealthedestroyer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I picked it up recently after a 15 year hiatus.

Of course graphics are dated and gameplay can be tedious to some.

Still, if anyone is interested Im on Erollsi Mar with a noob Iksar monk(Arkell) in the Field of Bone. Usually on around 8:30central time.
hangman
Nope. I watched it on Twitch recently on the legacy servers. Looks way too tedious to make any progress. I imagine it's still fun with friends though and the stakes are high.
tomtomdrumdrum
AG
The Project1999 blue server is usually pretty full. Was surreal walking through EC tunnel the first time and seeing so many people playing - the auction chat just flew by (here's a live look at it: http://ahungry.com/eqauctions-live).

I played for a while, but have been putting more time into other games lately. Might give it a go again soon. I'd recommend it for someone who wants a nostalgia trip.
Line Ate Member
AG
Is that the game that you could die in the water and all of your stuff would sink to the bottom?
Nealthedestroyer
AG
Line Ate Member said:

Is that the game that you could die in the water and all of your stuff would sink to the bottom?

Lol yes. The earlier game was brutal if you died compared to other genres.

I lost all my **** once.

Is there a difference between the project 1999 and the Everquest 1 ran by Daybreak Gaming?
tomtomdrumdrum
AG
Yeah they have a server running classic EQ. Right now they are only up to the Velious expansion, and I think it's going to stay that way.
OasisMan
AG
"hail, in EC tunnel, will SoW for 10pp"
Hefe
AG
Playing on Phinigel server (paid) quite a bit these days. They also are offering up heroic characters for live servers for free, just have to create a character and log in.

Lots of quality of life improvements even on Phinigel as compared to classic EQ. I tried the Project 1999 server but hated being locked into an expansion. I like progression the Time Locked Progression servers work well.
tomtomdrumdrum
AG
What's your character's name? Trying out the progression server.
KidDoc
AG
In case anyone is still.interested in a hard Corp MMO experience Project1999 has started green and teal servers. They are original EQ and will patch on the same schedule as the 1999 release.

I'm on green and loving it. Of course I played at launch and am now empty nesting so have time to grind and play. Love the risk and real feeling of danger relative to every other MMO. Let me know if you start on green my main is Stoneheart a 24 mage.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
KidDoc
AG
Oh and it is free.

I used the download from mmo.com for the eq titanium download and worked great.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.