Anyone bought a Pixel and/or on Project Fi?

901 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Cromagnum
fig96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Been thinking about a switch from my iPhone to a Pixel, I use a lot of Google services so it makes sense in that respect. Curious if anyone else has made the switch?

Also, a coworker is on Project Fi, Google's new cellular service, and loves it. It's far cheaper than traditional mobile service assuming you don't use tons of data. Currently on Verizon and evaluating other options.
pnut02
AG
https://texags.com/forums/30/topics/2817221
fig96
AG
Thanks, though somehow that thread didn't come up in a search for the word "pixel"
pnut02
rbcs_2
AG
I'm a Nexus 5x user with fi. I pay between $20-$30 per month. Admittedly, I don't use my phone a lot. I wanted to use fi basically for that reason. It is possibly the most fair deal in the industry. The service is fine. Every so often I have trouble making a call, but no serious issues with it.
vanderhoosen
AG
Pre-ordered the Pixel when it came out and switched to Project Fi and I have enjoyed it so far. The Pixel is the best phone that I have owned but it might take some getting used to if you've never had an Android Phone. It's nice to have a phone that doesn't have a ton of worthless apps from carriers or Samsung that you can't delete. I used to root all of my old Android phones but have no desire to root the Pixel

I typically use around 2G of data and pay around $43 a month. it's nice that you aren't in a contract and don't pay a lot of extra fees/taxes that a lot of big carriers add on. Project Fi can also be useful if you do any international travel.

Coverage has been pretty good overall. Sometimes you'll lose connection for a few seconds if your call is switching between Project Fi Network and WiFi.
Cromagnum
AG
Have a pixel after I swapped from years of Samsung use. Will not look back if their products stay on point.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.