I want to make my own game app

629 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Beezy2389
tyunelil
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have a game app in mind. However, I don't know how to start since I don't have IT knowledge in making an app. Does anyone here know the easiest way wherein I could start my own game app soon.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
My over simplified recommendation is to story board the entire thing out...

Design your levels ahead of time, map every button, every level, every work flow out.

Then you can deliver it to some for-hire developer who can write it in Xamarin or something. After that, you can publish to the different app stores.
Solo Tetherball Champ
Pay someone to make it for you.

I've got an idea for a b2b app and I am currently interviewing the target market to determine interest. Next I'm working with a friend who has experience designing system architecture to get an idea of cost (all planned features, some, and an MVP). After that I'll interview various developers for quotes. That will give me an idea of how I will have to go about paying for the creation and whether I have to self-fund, get investments from friends and family, crowdfund or even find some VCs.

I'm fairly certain that an MVP is going to be too expensive for me to pay for it myself.

BTW, if it is an original idea be sure to copyright it. Don't do the poor mans copyright method - that won't work: https://www.plagiarismtoday.com/2006/08/25/the-myth-of-poor-mans-copyright/
Solo Tetherball Champ
AGSPORTSFAN07 said:

My over simplified recommendation is to story board the entire thing out...

Design your levels ahead of time, map every button, every level, every work flow out.

Then you can deliver it to some for-hire developer who can write it in Xamarin or something. After that, you can publish to the different app stores.
This.
Beezy2389
AG
If you were planning on making it yourself, I believe Unity (free game engine) has the option to output to Android/iOS.

It'll be pretty damn confusing if you go in blind but there are probably enough tutorials out there to at least get you started.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.