Xbox backward compatibility rant

1,194 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by boboguitar
West Texan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Two of my favorite games from the 360 are available on the One, but only if I want to purchase them again. The first was Marvel vs. Capcom 3. They re-released it rather than making it backward compatible, which ticks me off because they'll be releasing a new one within the next year or so. The second was Street Fighter IV, which was made backward compatible but only for the basic version. I have Super SFIV Arcade Edition and when I popped it in to download it, it said that this game isn't available to be played. Really ticks me off!

Just needed to rant.
Pman17
AG
Yea, maybe they'll add those later. Gearbox released the Handsome Jack Collection then later they added Borderlands 2 to BC. It's possible.

I almost bought the Bioshock Collection but then 2K made them all BC.
West Texan
AG
Pman17 said:

Yea, maybe they'll add those later. Gearbox released the Handsome Jack Collection then later they added Borderlands 2 to BC. It's possible.

I almost bought the Bioshock Collection but then 2K made them all BC.

They did the same thing with Arkham City, released in a collection, but they haven't made it backward compatible though.
jr15aggie
AG
There's no good answer for everybody. You guys gripe about remasters... But I for one would would love a remaster of the Dead Space trilogy.

Having the option to rebuy your favorite games isn't a bad thing IMO. MS has also committed to all XB1 games old and new being compatible going forward. So for me I want my favorite games being XB1 compatible... Don't care if it's 360 back comp. or a remaster.
West Texan
AG
jr15aggie said:

There's no good answer for everybody. You guys gripe about remasters... But I for one would would love a remaster of the Dead Space trilogy.

Having the option to rebuy your favorite games isn't a bad thing IMO. MS has also committed to all XB1 games old and new being compatible going forward. So for me I want my favorite games being XB1 compatible... Don't care if it's 360 back comp. or a remaster.

I don't mind the option to buy a remastered version, but I'd prefer they make the version that I own and already exists available.
Madmarttigan
AG
I suppose all we can say to comfort is that this won't be an issue when when they release the next console. I believe people in Xbox one will even be able to play with those on the new console or am I pulling that out of my ass ?
tamusc
AG
tv1113 said:

I suppose all we can say to comfort is that this won't be an issue when when they release the next console. I believe people in Xbox one will even be able to play with those on the new console or am I pulling that out of my ass ?

Scorpio, or wherever they end up calling it, is coming out this Fall and will be like the PS4 Pro in that it'll give you the ability to play upgraded games at 4K, but otherwise just be an XB1 that can play online with people on other, older versions of the XB1.
Thunder18
AG
I just want a backwards compatible ncaa football game
trueaggie2782
AG
Thunder18 said:

I just want a backwards compatible ncaa football team

FIFY
jr15aggie
AG
tv1113 said:

Phil Spencer has said that going forward all XB1 games (and any back compatible games) will work on the new xboxes. Not sure the exact quotes, but he made comparisons to PC games in how you expect to keep playing your old games on new PCs.

I'm sure there will be issues and certain games might have glitches, etc. 10 years down the road, but it's at least good to know it is one of their priorities and promises they are making to gamers. All my purchases are now digital so I look forward to carrying a large library of games with me.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, I'm glad this XB1 lolpoor will be able to play with y'all well-to-do gamers who upgrade this fall.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
jr15aggie said:

I would re-buy Dead Space...especially 3. But I really want a new one. We don't know what happened to earth after the end of the last one. But it basically looked like all was lost.
Aggietaco
AG
AGSPORTSFAN07 said:

jr15aggie said:

I would re-buy Dead Space...especially 3. But I really want a new one. We don't know what happened to earth after the end of the last one. But it basically looked like all was lost.
Spoiler alert!
boboguitar
AG
Still waiting on them to move ncaa 14 to the one.

Or just make a new one.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.