YouTube kids like app in Kindle store

3,980 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by chuchuva
BQ2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I got a Kindle Fire with the idea of giving it to my daughter for her screen time and have movies loaded and available on roadtrips and plane rides. I thought it wouldn't be a problem to sideload the Google Play store and install YouTube Kids and then put it on the kids profile. Turns out, only apps that are loaded from the Amazon store can be enabled in the kids profile (without some more messy steps).

All that being said, is there a YouTube Kids like app in the Amazon store that isn't riddled with pop ups and all that jazz? All I want is that and a few Disney movies I've downloaded but apparently that is too much to ask Amazon and Google to play nice.
Post removed:
by user
BQ2001
AG
Yeah there are some convoluted ways that I found but nothing that makes it real easy for a barely 3 year old.

Amazon has a service (FreeTime) but not sure I want to pay a monthly fee for it.
devastor
AG
Sorry, this post isn't going to help you, but this is exactly why I canceled my order for two FIRE 8" for my kids this past Black Friday and sucked it up and got Ipad Minis.

Iowaggie
AG
I thought Amazon had a ton of free apps.

I'm trying to remember how I got to them.
Have you checked underground apps on Amazon.
chuchuva
You can try 'Safe Vision' app on Amazon App Store. Open App Store on kid's Kindle Fire tablet and search for 'Safe Vision'. It is similar to YouTube Kids app.

Disclosure: I am developer of this app.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.