Middle Earth: Shadow of War

9,180 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by chjoak
cr0wbar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
anyone else get a chuckle during Chase missions? Notice how the orc being chased gives a sassy pose before running off? that gets me every damn time
bodaciousbood14
AG
Just finished up the last mission on Shadow of Mordor...one question, does it actually end? After all of the weapons missions, survival missions, etc...all I have left to do is kill all of the Captains. Is this possible? Or should I just brand them all and fill out the entire armies of Udun and Nurnen with branded captains?
FightinTexasAg15
AG

jokershady
AG
Had a pretty funny moment happen in the game. Small but totally unexpected and caught me off guard.

At one point was trying to dominate a captain, first time realizing you can't dominate one at a higher level, so I thought, "ok, I'll shame him and get him again later." Nope. Turned him into a maniac and went from a low 30-something level to 48 (I was 20-something at the time).

So I told myself I'll just avoid this guy for a while and go after him later. That didn't work at all.....some time later he ambushed me while I was trying to take over another captain. What was random and caught me off guard was his "intro."

Instead of a speech about how he was going to kill me, all I got was:

"Woo? Woooooooooooo wooooooooooooooo."

*tilts head like puppy and opens eyes wide*

"Woooowoooooo WWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

And proceeds to keep doing that while fighting him. Was able to shame him then and dominate him later, and still this is the only dialogue I get out of him.

****ing random as hell and totally threw me off but had my ass laughing since it was so unexpected.
I Like Mike
AG
I had the same thing happen. When I used him as a captain to conquer a fort, he screamed WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO while charging the gates. So I made him overlord. He is insane and in charge of Cirith Ungol lol.
jokershady
AG
CalebMcCreary06 said:

I had the same thing happen. When I used him as a captain to conquer a fort, he screamed WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO while charging the gates. So I made him overlord. He is insane and in charge of Cirith Ungol lol.
since mine was way higher than anyone who might ambush me in that region (can't remember which one) I made him my bodyguard.

Another crazy thing that happened real recently.....

Not long ago I dominated a captain who's last name was Gravewalker. When he first confronted me he took offense we had the same name.

Fast forward and I'm getting my ass kicked by a captain and a bunch of other guys and right when the captain is about to deliver the killing blow, BOOM! Gravewalker pops out of nowhere and saves my ass cause (in his words), "us Gravewalkers have to look out for each other!"

This game kicks ass.
abram97
AG
That's awesome!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
SPullig
Just went to take my third fortress. Apparently the guy in charge had just the right combo of traits to make him almost impossible to beat. Countered every hit from the front, enraged by everything, adapted so couldn't jump over him to attack from the rear, and thick skinned. Took me 3 tries and the final time I shadow strike pulled him up to a balcony where I did a formula of 4 shadow strikes, jump down for more arrows and then back up for more. The final battle took 25 min to work him down and when I went to kill him, death defying... FML.

Another 10 min of shadow strikes to finally kill him. Absolutely awesome battle though.
jokershady
AG

Enjoy!

jokershady
AG
Oh and just out of curiosity...

What did y'all decide to do with Bruz once his story line was finished? I ended up going back and dominating him and eventually turned him back into a Warchief once I overtook the castle in that area.

Course even during the battle he was crying like a little *****, "I don't want this fort!"
wangus12
AG
The Honest Trailer for SoW had an awesome game suggestion.

Basically take SoW and re-skin the entire thing into Game of Thrones. I could get on board with that.
jokershady
AG
Who else has made it to Act 4?

Have taken a bunch of forts but am now at a place that I'm not a high enough level (48) to overtake the captains I face in the pits which is how I've been beefing up my armies.

All items have already been gotten so there's basically no other way for me to get XP other than in very small increments with taking over individual captains.

Anyone else make it out of Act 4 with this issue? And if so how did you overcome it?

Side story, had a frustrating thing happen in the game tonight:

Like I mentioned, I had been using the fight pits to boost my armies more easily. Essentially I would face my weakest captain against whatever opponent the game would generate, my captain would lose, and then I'd jump in and beat his ass, then dominate him: BAM! Traded a weak captain for a strong one and repeat.

Well, I went to a region where I hadn't been in a while.....went into the Warrior Pit fight and after my captain lost, shot the enemy captain with an arrow to pin and started heading his way......and then in a matter of like 10 seconds I had 3 different allied captains pop up out of nowhere and betray me.......one of them was *****ing that I hadn't seen him in a while so don't know if that's a coincidence or not.

Somehow got out of it (called in body guard, a graug, and the pit was in my fort so had a few random allies around to help).....but damn what should have been a quick 1-2 minute deal turned into a near 20-minute battle for my life
abram97
AG
Not there yet. Sounds crappy that they all jumped you...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bbattbq01
AG
Just bought this with steam summer sale...

I forgot how hard the game is until you've unlocked enough skills... was getting my butt handed to me until about lvl 10ish now settling into a groove.

One captain was "undying" and he kept showing up over and over and over again... lucky for me he was epic so kitted me out pretty good in early game before starting to find legendaries.
chjoak
AG
I'm 91% complete per the game stats and at Lvl 49. Gets easy after awhile except when you get cocky.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.