Middle Earth: Shadow of War

9,179 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by chjoak
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I had no idea that a sequel was even in the works

I Like Mike
AG
I loved the first one. Excited for this one!
Max Power
AG
Love Shadow of Mordor, awesome game, looking forward to this.
jeffk
AG
I need to circle back and finish Shadow of Mordor. Really liked the game, but got caught up with other titles and never finished it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That looks pretty dope.

Sadly, this will never make it onto the Switch.
cr0wbar
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

That looks pretty dope.

Might as well have this post saved on your desktop notepad
West Texan
AG
jeffk said:

I need to circle back and finish Shadow of Mordor. Really liked the game, but got caught up with other titles and never finished it.

I'm in the same boat.
mmtexasace
AG
Pumped they are coming back with a sequel! Really enjoyed the first one. I do hope they clean up a few things, one mainly being the chief branding being a trait available earlier in the game-play. I felt it was available too late in the end where it had little effect to the total scheme. Also the timed boss fight was very underwhelming so hopefully they learned from that. All in all, looks like a promising game and will definitely keep my eye on it (yes that pun was intended).
AgMarauder04
AG
mmtexasace said:

Pumped they are coming back with a sequel! Really enjoyed the first one. I do hope they clean up a few things, one mainly being the chief branding being a trait available earlier in the game-play. I felt it was available too late in the end where it had little effect to the total scheme. Also the timed boss fight was very underwhelming so hopefully they learned from that. All in all, looks like a promising game and will definitely keep my eye on it (yes that pun was intended).
I'll be honest, I have to work on my stealth and I REALLY hated having to fight chiefs surrounded by minions
wangus12
AG
Boss fights were the biggest let down.
Buck O Five
AG
Such a fun game, I want to go back and play just thinking about it.

KidDoc
AG
I really liked the first will likely pick this one up as well.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
thaed137
AG
Definitely super excited about this game. I have been waiting a while for the sequel. The nemesis system is one of my favorite things and wish it was integrated into more games than it is.
Buck O Five
AG
Anyone try the DLC from the original? Went back to play open world on my old save file and forgot how over powered the character became.
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
cr0wbar said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

That looks pretty dope.

Might as well have this post saved on your desktop notepad

thaed137
AG
From what I remember it wasn't too much harder difficulty wise. It was always kind of fun to find yourself surrounded by what felt like a hundred orcs only to slowly turn them two at a time and get the advantage.
wangus12
AG
Some gameplay vids are dropping now.

I Like Mike
thaed137
AG
Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes and yes please.

That looks awesome! I know some of those part were a bit too scripted to feel like live game play but a nemesis system 2.0 and attacking/defending fortresses just sounds awesome.
wangus12
AG
Looked like a ton of different fortresses as well. Hopefully there is more to the game than just separate maps of fortress attacks. Some sort of open world feel to it.
thaed137
AG
Agreed, my hope would be a large open world map where you can attack/recruit lower level bosses and do challenges to build up your army to attack each fortress and that continues the story to some degree. Stuff like you can't attack this fortress until you kill or turn >50% of the named characters in this open map to unlock maybe?
FightinTexasAg15
AG
wangus12 said:

Some gameplay vids are dropping now.

Wow. You look crazy powerful with all of those new moves. This looks good
chjoak
AG
wangus12 said:

Looked like a ton of different fortresses as well. Hopefully there is more to the game than just separate maps of fortress attacks. Some sort of open world feel to it.
My take based on the vid is that it is a big open world map that is subdivided based on the fortress associated with an area. Gameplay seems like it will be similar to last time but with the ultimate goal of capturing each fortress to build your forces. Basically a large scale version of the last game.
wee_ag
AG
This looks amazing! Guess it's time to finally finish Shadow of Mordor.
Buck O Five
AG
That gameplay looks stellar.
thaed137
AG
from an interview of Monolith's art director for Shadow of War
Quote:

In terms of structureI can't really get into the specifics of the Nazgul, other than that they're in the game right now. But there is a wide variety of enemies you get to encounter. We've shown a few. We showed the Olog-Hai. We showed our drake. But back to structure, it's an open-world sandbox game. There's going to be all kinds of emergent missions occurring based on the story campaign, based on side missions, and based on your interactions with the AI and the nemesis system. More gameplay opportunities are going to present themselves. You'll be doing a number of different things within each region. Just one of your goals is taking down these fortresses, one of the big meta-goals.
http://venturebeat.com/2017/03/08/shadow-of-wars-art-director-on-just-how-big-the-new-middle-earth-game-will-be/
wangus12
AG
I really wish some other games would jump on the Nemesis system. Makes things a heck of a lot more fun
KidDoc
AG
I enjoyed the first one played all the way through. You do get pretty overpowered but the swarms of enemies can be scary as well. That alpha play stuff looks pretty amazing.

I would love to see a coop multiplayer module as well.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Eliminatus
AG
WANT!!!!!!!!!
FightinTexasAg15
AG
http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/03/11/shadow-of-war-6-things-you-probably-didnt-know
wangus12
AG
nomad2007
AG
It looks (so far) nearly identical to the first game. I'm still going to play it, because I'm a LOTR nerd, but I don't see anything absolutely groundbreaking in it yet. The running animations look wonky and the combat seems a bit clunkier than the first game. Maybe they'll release some more enticing footage as it gets closer to release.
wangus12
AG
I'd say both gameplay videos are both beta stage releases with all the nice, finished stuff coming closer to release in August. Granted, I said that about Mass Effect too
jr15aggie
AG
I liked the first one quite a bit because it had some very unique qualities to it. I just picked up Mad Max for $10 via the XB Spring Sale... I think that game is from the same dev (if not it's definitely from the same publisher and has similar qualities to SOM).

I could see me jumping on this game too at some point. I'm currently burnt out with online games so I'm enjoying a bunch of single player games in the meantime.
koadie
AG
I haven't played the first one yet, but I've seen plenty of gameplay. This doesn't look like a step up graphically to me.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.