Heroes of the Dorm - 3 TAMU Teams

2,189 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Madmarttigan
Ponylaw_aTm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just letting everyone know that we have 3 teams competing in Heroes of the Dorm, the Heroes of the Storm open tournament that pays out college tuition for the winning team.

Also, one of our teams is competing under the name The Silk Stocking.

edit* to add that they are still in group stages and none of our teams are guaranteed to make the final bracket. For the uninitiated, UT-Arlington, ASU, and Tennessee are probably the favorites.
3rdGen2015
AG
Thanks for volunteering to post match times. I don't play Heroes, but it's fun to watch if you have a team to root for.
Ponylaw_aTm
AG
Unfortunately, Blizzard has made some silly deal with facebook to broadcast it over FB live. Which I think is fine for the group stages, but the finals last year were on ESPN2. Seems like a big step back to me.

Honestly, may be worth it to just check back in on March 18 when the true bracket starts (64 teams, 4 regions, max of 1 team per school can qualify) and hope one of our teams made it. Until then the schedule may be tough to discern. (link below -- our teams are in the South region):

https://compete.tespa.org/tournament/47/schedule

3rdGen2015
AG
I figured it was gonna be on Twitch, that's pretty unfortunate
titanmaster_race
good luck
3rdGen2015
AG
I'm looking at the group standings right now. I see we have Team Maroon, The Silk Stocking, and what is the name of the third team?
Ponylaw_aTm
AG
3rd team is Codename: Banana
3rdGen2015
AG
Ahh ok, I couldn't find it because their color logo had yellow in it too. But A&M can only have one team advance out of group:

Quote:

All teams with a positive W/L record (3-2 or higher) will advance to a single elimination Playoffs bracket by Region. Only one team per school will advance from Regular Season to Playoffs, in the event that more than one team from a school qualifies the team with more match wins will be chosen. If one or more teams from the same school qualify for Playoffs and have equal match wins, tie-break matches will be played before the Playoffs to determine who advances.
Madmarttigan
AG
Nice if you can post some reminders in this thread when it starts I would enjoy watching.
Hagen95
AG
Yeah, I'll watch this if I remember. I've played a bit more lately. It is fun to watch the serious players skill set.
Ponylaw_aTm
AG
Update: Looks like were getting a team into the big tourney.

Team Maroon made it top 32 of the initial seeding bracket (top 64 are qualified for the real tourney). So they should be seeded somewhere between 16 and 32 (so I think that's a 4 to 8 seed in their given region?) when the real one starts.

Ro64 in real tourney starts March 18.

Good luck to:

jusamlee
GameProdigy
Xardent
Kneuro
GOPHERMAN86
TooSerious
cr0wbar
AG
glhf
Ponylaw_aTm
AG
Alright, our boys are playing tomorrow afternoon on facebook live against Bellevue. Bellevue is a #14 seed, but they took out the #3 Cornell in the round of 64.

3/23/2017@5:15PM CDT
RedlineAg08
So we suck at sports but we're good at video games! Haha

Where can I buy some merchandise? I'lol become a super fan if it means I get to celebrate a win.
Hagen95
AG
Apparently , the team lost to Bellevue in the round of 32.
Ponylaw_aTm
AG
It's true, we ran out of time against Bellevue.
Madmarttigan
AG
So who still plays this anyways. Try to play more but real life...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.