Tile knock offs

1,472 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by ABATTBQ11
Duncan Idaho
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any recommendations for a decent tile knock off?
Whitetail
AG
Floor tiles?
Gigemaggies123
try lowes?
FatZilla
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Any recommendations for a decent tile knock off?
What ya using it for? Lots of old school solutions.

Whitetail
AG
I think OP is referring to Mahjong tiles:

MaroonStain
AG
Tile and Trackr are worthless. I bought the Tile Slim for $21 and was also JB excited then realized it's garbage. Biggest worst expenditure in 3 years.

For this rubbish to work, you have to be logged into the app, have BT on, have Location on and within ~50 feet.

Straight up gimmick
Duncan Idaho
Thanks
nai06
AG
MaroonStain said:

Tile and Trackr are worthless. I bought the Tile Slim for $21 and was also JB excited then realized it's garbage. Biggest worst expenditure in 3 years.

For this rubbish to work, you have to be logged into the app, have BT on, have Location on and within ~50 feet.

Straight up gimmick

How else do you expect to use it without opening an app on your phone?

its worked pretty great for me. I lost my work keys the other day and was able to track them down to the building that someone turned them into. I got 4 updates once I realized I lost them from other tile users letting me know where they were
MaroonStain
AG
I bought, I used and I think its garbage. No need for counterpoint...this isn't the politics asylum.
Gil Renard
AG
Helps me out when I can't find keys many times
Duncan Idaho
Since Fry's had the trackers for $54 a four pack, I bought some.

They aren't perfect but I don't get he level of hate people have given them on Amazon. They arent as loud as I would like but they do what they are advertised to do.

I can ring my keys if I want to find them. I can ask my echo to ring my phone.

Granted they work over Bluetooth, so the range isn't ideal.

The volume when you ring the fob is probably my biggest complaint. It is too high pitched and not loud enough. I cant see how it would work in anything other than a still house or a car that isn't running. I guess it is fine if the idea is to have you only ring it when you are near it and just can't find it. Like keys that fell behind a desk. Certainly wouldn't work with keys left in a purse.

All said for $15 each, I think they are worth it. For $20 each, I would have felt it was money poorly spent
permabull
AG
easttexasaggie04
AG
I love Tile. Use it to find my keys or wallet weekly.
ABATTBQ11
AG
FYI, Bluetooth can have a 100m range or more. You just need to have the right power class device. We have surveying instruments that connect over Bluetooth at 100+ meters using power class 1 devices. Simply being Bluetooth isn't the limiting factor on range.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.