Strange behavior from Samsung phone....

1,102 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by ABATTBQ11
carano
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have.a samsung galaxy s6 for work. I have it encrypted and I have my own personal phone, so I rarely use it for anything other than email and voice. Twice last year (maybe 3 times), something strange happened.

I would mimic the gestures on my iPhone (the swipe up to turn on/off airplane mode, etc), but forgetting that this wasn't on the samsung...however, whenever i would swipe up from the home key and onto the screen,a weird picture appeared. Honestly I can't even explain what it is - it's almost like a scene from a show or something. An adult is standing there but not fully in frame - that's all I can gather because it seems kind of stretched to the screen. It weirded me out and I always close it. I told my company about it and they sent me a new phone.

So, cut to about 3 months of having the new phone and it happened again! I can't duplicate it no matter how I try. I've sat there swiping and doing all kinds of things. Can't make it happen. I've run malwarebytes, etc. and checked my photos. Nothing (I only take work related photos). I don't use apps on this phone other than work, no Netflix, etc. nothing. Their are native apps installed stilll. The fact that it has happened to two phone is bizarre.

Does anyone know what swiping up from the home key (or whatever samsung calls it) does? Is it maybe an app that is malfunctioning. I think this only ever happens after I disable "briefing".
Madmarttigan
AG
I think that means it is about to catch on fire.
PooDoo
AG
Get a screen cap of it.
Garrelli 5000
AG
My S7 does something similar. It's always been Samsung mobile pay trying to get me to sign up.
carano
Adam Ag 98 said:

My S7 does something similar. It's always been Samsung mobile pay trying to get me to sign up.
The weird part though is that the person (at least last night when it happened) that I can see in the image is like half dressed - there's definitely no nudity or anything like that -it's almost like a scene from one of those jewelry or perfume ads that you would see in a magazine. But obviously not knowing WHAT it is bothers me.

The fact that it has happened on two different phones and I don't download anything on either phones is what is bugging me.

To the person suggesting the screenshot, it only has happened on average 3-4 times a year, so a screenshot would be hard. I can't replicate it.
Garrelli 5000
AG
I think that's it. It happens rarely enough that when I start sliding up I always get this unease like I'm about to pull up a picture of a naked person on my phone and wonder how the hell it got there. Almost looks like a torso when sliding up.
carano
Adam Ag 98 said:

I think that's it. It happens rarely enough that when I start sliding up I always get this unease like I'm about to pull up a picture of a naked person on my phone and wonder how the hell it got there. Almost looks like a torso when sliding up.
Yes! I hope that is it. I really do.
dan87
AG
It's Samsung Pay. I have a Note 5 and it happens on my phone every once in a while. Really weird choice of image, if you ask me.

I hate all the things that come on these phones...just give me the option to download it if I want/need it.
carano
dan87 said:

It's Samsung Pay. I have a Note 5 and it happens on my phone every once in a while. Really weird choice of image, if you ask me.

I hate all the things that come on these phones...just give me the option to download it if I want/need it.

Thank you both so much. You have no idea how much that stupid thing was stressing me out. I was starting worried to wonder if someone had hacked my work phone at the airport or something crazy. Such a stupid thing! Thank you again.
redd38
AG
It happens whenever Samsung Pay updates itself, it adds itself to the bottom until you swipe up and close it.
carano
Good to know.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Ghost in the machine
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.