Can my TV play games at 60 fps?

817 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am completely clueless on how to figure out if my TV can output 60fps? I know my TV's model # (Samsung model UN32EH5000FXZA, Best Buy SKU # 4833556) and that it refreshes at 60 Hz, but I still don't know if that means it's capable of playing games at 60 fps.

Any help?
tamusc
AG
Depends on what system you're playing on and what you're playing. Technically your TV can indeed show a full 60FPS, but it really depends on the source.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well I only care about the Switch. And then, it's only for a few games. (Ie. I know Mario Kart 8 will be 60 FPS but Zelda will not.)
tamusc
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Well I only care about the Switch. And then, it's only for a few games. (Ie. I know Mario Kart 8 will be 60 FPS but Zelda will not.)
Well you'll definitely be limited by the Switch and not your TV then.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
MK8 will run at 1080p / 60 FPS, that is already confirmed. So any 60 Hz HDTV should output it in 60 FPS?
tamusc
AG
Yup, I'd enable any kind of game mode on the TV to help reduce input lag, but otherwise you won't be limited by the TV.
hph6203
AG
Yes.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Cool. I had read on some board that a lot of TV's limit the fps/refresh rate depending on the resolution.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.