Help me pick a game

1,892 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by MGS
Save the empire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So I have a rare weekend coming up that my whole family will be out of town and I should have a good chunk of time to play a new game. Recently got a PS4 and have played through uncharted 4. Played a fsir bit of fallout 4 as well. On PS3 I really enjoyed uncharted series, last of us, and the fallout and elder scrolls games. I enjoy FPS but find that since I don't play often that it takes a decent while to get up to speed and really have fun with the multiplayer but not opposed to it.

What's a good game that I should pick up?
FatZilla
AG
For Honor is one of the newest. Takes a bit of skill to pick up though but the mechanics are pretty simple.
KidDoc
AG
Witcher 3 x 10000000

Or Mass effect 2 & 3.

I've been playing a smaller game called Hell Divers that is pretty fun to play with friends.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AGinHI
AG
Bloodborne--a beautifully designed game that flows seamlessly with combat mechanics that reward with a fulfilling sense of mastery and achievement.

It'll have you continually going back for more...and more...and more.

Can get it pretty cheap too.
Save the empire
I played mass effect 2. It's been a while but I remember enjoying it but it dragged a little and I didn't finish it.

Been thinking witcher. Does it matter never playing any of the earlier games?
bbattbq01
AG
Save the empire said:

I played mass effect 2. It's been a while but I remember enjoying it but it dragged a little and I didn't finish it.

I played 1 and let of 2. Am playing 3 now and it's great. Caution though that 1 weekend won't be nearly enough time. I'm 100 hours in and haven't even finished the main game and have hardly touched the DLC. (Must finish before Zelda comes out in 2 weeks!)
aggiebq03+
KidDoc said:

Witcher 3 x 10000000

This game is amazing. But if you only have one weekend don't buy it and start playing. It will take over your life.

Just download Rocket League.
AggieChemE09
AG
witcher 3 takes a long time. More than a weekend game. Buutttt, it does have a nice little feature where it catches you up to what you are doing with a little like "as our hero continues his journey in search of blah blah blah", which is nice.
AggiEE
From all the reviews this week, definitely get Horizon Zero Dawn. Sounds incredible and can't wait to play it.
KidDoc
AG
Save the empire said:

No you don't need to play Witcher 1 & 2. I would watch a youtube to get caught up on the story & characters though just to flesh out the world a bit. I think I ended up with close to 200 hours on Witcher 3 with the DLCs. The DLCs are very high quality and I would buy them as well if you can get a package deal.

edit: if you have young/elementary age kids you won't be able to play W3 when they are up and around. There is pretty free use of language, nudity, violence.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
YouBet
AG
How about Global Thermonuclear War?
KidDoc
AG
YouBet said:

How about Global Thermonuclear War?
He is already playing Fallout 4.
Save the empire
horizon zero dawn looks cool. Haven't heard much about it before. Is it new? Anyone else played it?
"Damn the man, Save the Empire"
Buck O Five
AG
aggiebq03+ said:

KidDoc said:

Witcher 3 x 10000000

This game is amazing. But if you only have one weekend don't buy it and start playing. It will take over your life.

Just download Rocket League.

Is Rocket League not addictive enough to take over your life? A year out and I still play regularly.
jay040
Does Uncharted 4 still have the same mechanics? I always enjoyed the story line and cut scenes, but didn't enjoy the actual game play.
AggiEE
Quote:

horizon zero dawn looks cool. Haven't heard much about it before. Is it new? Anyone else played it?

"Damn the man, Save the Empire"

Comes out next week but the reviews have been glowing and it's likely the best technical showcase of the PS4. Stunning visuals for an open world game and the combat is said to be incredibly fun.
spag.ag2003
AG
Just get a From Software game - Bloodborne or Dark Souls 3. Old school gaming on next gen.
Thunder18
AG
Witcher 3. The G.O.A.T.
Save the empire
Man I wish zero dawn came out a week earlier. May be the last full gaming weekend of my life lol.

Leaning toward witcher 3.
Pac1698
AG
I just started playing Witcher 3 (about 12 hours in) and it's an amazing game. I never played the first 2, although I did watch the Witcher Retrospective on youtube, so that helped me to understand who Geralt is/was and gave me some background on why things are happening in the Witcher 3.

I also still play Destiny. I've been playing since it initially launched and love it. I'm not sure if you played the Last of Us on PS3, but if you haven't, I would definitely get that game for the PS4. It reminds me of Uncharted in the story telling and the action.

Enjoy your weekend!!
MGS
Play Skyrim again. (The Special Edition)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.