Random package received....what to do with it?

2,810 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Tomdoss92
I Like Mike
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nerdery I need your help. Randomly received an Amazon delivery addressed to me. I didnt order this item and there was no packing slip. Called Amazon and I wasnt charged for it and they could find no record of the order. It is a Samsung 512gb SSD.

I could actually maybe use it in my MSI Apache Pro GE62VR if it is compatible. How would I find out if it is compatible?

If it is not, what would be a good asking price to sell it? It is brand new still in the plastic static bag....

Wildmen03
AG
Anyone else share your account?

Did you get it as some sort of promotion when you bought another product?
I Like Mike
AG
No one shares the account and there were no open orders. I couldnt imagine this as a promo with anything else I have bought in the past few months. Its a $250 ssd.
wee_ag
AG
Oh, that's mine! I'll PM my address.
I Like Mike
AG
Im willing to sell it! I have no idea how it ended up here
Wildmen03
AG
I'd offer it up for $225 and take the first $200 that comes along. $175 if you aren't feeling greedy.
redd38
AG
I'd sell it to the first person that offers $50
redd38
AG
I'll give you $50 for it
BrazosDog02
AG
Idve put it in my PC before I even logged on to texags. What kind of question is this post? You really need guidance here?

It's a free drive you didn't pay for and no one knows where it came from. It's not like no country for old men. It's a friggin hard drive. Go with it.

Use it or get on Amazon and see what it sells for and then drop it on eBay for 20 bucks less.
The Shank Ag
If you weren't charged and can send it back free that's the right thing to do
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
I might be paranoid, but if you want to use it, DBAN it with a boot disk.
I Like Mike
AG
What does that mean?
Al Bula
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

It's a free drive you didn't pay for and no one knows where it came from. It's not like no country for old men. It's a friggin hard drive. Go with it.
mhayden
T&P when Samara steps out of your computer screen.
Flashdiaz
AG
it's from either China or Russian hackorz. They're going to steal you're identity and your going to be like Sandra Bullocks in The Net.
Al Bula
AG
Flashdiaz said:

it's from either China or Russian hackorz. They're going to steal you're identity and your going to be like Sandra Bullocks in The Net.
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
CalebMcCreary06 said:

What does that mean?

There's a program called DBAN that dues a thorough erase on a hard drive. One of the methods is by creating a disc that your machine will boot to rather than loading Windows. That way, if there is something on that drive, it won't ever have the chance to run.
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
The Shank Ag said:

If you weren't charged and can send it back free that's the right thing to do

It wouldn't surprise me if Amazon just tells him to keep it.
I Like Mike
AG
They did already.
ABATTBQ11
AG
mickeyrig06sq3 said:

I might be paranoid, but if you want to use it, DBAN it with a boot disk.

This. There's no telling what is on that drive. Do you let strangers into your house with no idea of where they came from or who they are? No? Well, same goes for mysterious storage devices and attaching to your computer/network.
eric76
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

Idve put it in my PC before I even logged on to texags. What kind of question is this post? You really need guidance here?

Use it or get on Amazon and see what it sells for and then drop it on eBay for 20 bucks less.
Shouldn't Idve be "I'd've"?
javieb
AG
At least you got something useful. Last year I also go a random package but all I got was a single stainless steel door for what I assume would be an outdoor kitchen.
PLUM LOCO
AG
Had the same thing happen to me. I received a Dell laptop charger.

I just ended up keeping it. I sure wish it was something I could use like a 512gb ssd drive.
Phat32
AG
Have had this happen with random crap before. Weird.
jeffdjohnson
Someone is phishing. Get some lighter fluid and set it on fire. It is the only way to be sure. I hope it is not too late.
Caliber
AG
Haven't had a completely random box show up, but I have had stuff I didn't order in my Amazon boxes twice before. Stupid crap though like an 10"x15" dish drying pad.
I Like Mike
AG
jeffdjohnson said:

Someone is phishing. Get some lighter fluid and set it on fire. It is the only way to be sure. I hope it is not too late.
LOL. nah selling it on ebay for $220.
Tomdoss92
AG
Brad06ag said:

Haven't had a completely random box show up, but I have had stuff I didn't order in my Amazon boxes twice before. Stupid crap though like an 10"x15" dish drying pad.

Amazon is very sophisticated and can deduce you have stinky moist dishes. They attempted to do you a favor without being all judgy.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.