For Honor

4,145 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AGinHI
Sentinel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone playing For Honor?

It's a melee combat game set in medieval times where you can play as knights, samurai, or vikings. The dominion game type is fun. It's 4 vs 4 game play with the objective of capturing the points A, B, and C.

The beta is out now. Release date set for February 14.

titanmaster_race
Beta download in progress
Madmarttigan
AG
Been waiting to try this out. Seems possibly interesting.
Sentinel
AG
It's pretty fun if you can get a group of four.
MaroonStain
AG
2017 version of Soul Blade and Mortal Combat. I've been playing and it is difficult. 3 sets of heroes with different attack and defense combos. I should say been playing A LOT...
titanmaster_race
pretty fun, just not sure I want to spend $60 on it.

Of course, I've never been too into fighting games a la Mortal Kombat. I imagine I'd love it if so.
MaroonStain
AG
I take it the Beta is closed. Servers are down.
Sentinel
AG
Yeah beta closed last night. Releases tomorrow. Not sure if I'm gonna buy it yet.
MaroonStain
AG
I am on the fence but BF1 has gotten little stale and I don't want to burnout before BF1 DLC. So I will probably join. Also it's way different mechanics and good exercise for my brain.
Scotty Flamingo
Preordered it as soon as the beta ended. I can't stop playing it
MaroonStain
AG
Im in! PS4
AGinHI
AG
What's up with the microtransactions?

I'm reading you can quickly unlock skills, abilities, and perks as well as skins.
MaroonStain
AG
Yeah, it's definitely a BUY game. I played a good while last night. There were Level 5 players with 18 armor scores. There were also level 16/17 players which made me ask if people had played for 24 hours straight. One player had every add-on I had seen. I am guessing he spent at least $200 between Monday and Tuesday nights.

Servers were also crashing late.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Watching RadBrad play through it. It looks reaaaaaaaaaaaaal slow to me. But I see where a lot of people would like it too. I'll pick this up when it's free next year on XBL.
Scotty Flamingo
Anyone wanna get a group going on this?

Add me on PSN: Bowmanius
MaroonStain
AG
Ill add you this evening. PSN MaroonStain
MaroonStain
AG
I need to complete the Friend Order
ag_derp
AG
Its a really good game, feels like its repetitive but its really not. All heroes play different. Yes theres microtransactions that can unlock skins and stuff, but its sort of like the battlefield idea when buying shortcuts to save time. But the differnece is that you cant unlock higher level armor by buying the packs, you have to level up first. Then you might have a chance of getting rare stuff on the packs. The game is not perfect either. The servers are probably the main issue atm.
Sentinel
AG
Part of the issue is there aren't any dedicated servers. It's a P2P networking configuration.
MaroonStain
AG
My favorite 3 heroes: Warden, 2nd viking basher with shield, and VALKYRIE...I have my chick level 12 with an outfit and ornament. She my girlll.
MaroonStain
AG
A few observations:
  • Winning is good, playing as a team helps to win (Obvious statement)
  • Many ways to eliminate your enemy but difference between honorable and dishonorable...google...
  • This is my 1st online melee game. I keep making the mistake of taking another kill (running to a 1v1 when enemy is low health and taking the execution). This is bad form. Sometimes, enemy is only killed not executed which then is able to be revived.

Annoying player types:
  • PTFO (play the fing objective) only individual. That runs from Obj to Obj getting points while teammates are getting double and triple teamed.
  • Low health leavers. They will fight until one bar of health then run away to hide or heal. Again leaves teammates at disadvantage. (This was me to start but have gotten better at battling).
  • The cowards. Opponents or teammates that only fight 2v1 and attack backside.
FatZilla
AG
MaroonStain said:

A few observations:
  • Winning is good, playing as a team helps to win (Obvious statement)
  • Many ways to eliminate your enemy but difference between honorable and dishonorable...google...
  • This is my 1st online melee game. I keep making the mistake of taking another kill (running to a 1v1 when enemy is low health and taking the execution). This is bad form. Sometimes, enemy is only killed not executed which then is able to be revived.

Annoying player types:
  • PTFO (play the fing objective) only individual. That runs from Obj to Obj getting points while teammates are getting double and triple teamed.
  • Low health leavers. They will fight until one bar of health then run away to hide or heal. Again leaves teammates at disadvantage. (This was me to start but have gotten better at battling).
  • The cowards. Opponents or teammates that only fight 2v1 and attack backside.

There is no such thing as dishonorable(Game may think it, but fook it, ill run up behind ya an smack ya) when it comes to war. Don't hate on strategy. Live to fight another day and kill your enemy when they least expect it.
titanmaster_race
I fking hated it during the 4v4 duels when a teammate ran away from his opponent like a *****, leaving me to get run through with an axe from behind right as I'm about to kill my opponent.
Scotty Flamingo
I'll run up and help a teammate out in a fight any day...but nothing in this game pisses me off more than a player who immediately leaves a fight to go make other fights 2 on 1.
Scotty Flamingo
And stain, sorry I missed your invite this weekend. we'll try again soon
MaroonStain
AG
I was hitting all buttons and tabs to see what does what. Was that an invite for group play?
MaroonStain
AG
Again I love the Valkyie. Also only Level 4 flail Knight but I think he is handy in 4x4. Hard. To. Kill. My sword and shield Viking is also a PIA to kill.
Scotty Flamingo
MaroonStain said:

I was hitting all buttons and tabs to see what does what. Was that an invite for group play?
I think so
Madmarttigan
AG
Seems like there are a huge amount of complaints on PC with connectivity issues on multiplayer. Or at least that is how the reviews are going.
FatZilla
AG
tv1113 said:

Seems like there are a huge amount of complaints on PC with connectivity issues on multiplayer. Or at least that is how the reviews are going.
Its because you can DOS anyone your playing with. Your IP is exposed to everyone in your match, letting anyone with super cheap equipment and very little knowledge, flood your IP with pings/calls to knock you out of a game or lag you enough to kill you. Very stupid development, they have had this exact issue with past games and yet they did it again instead of dedicated servers.
Madmarttigan
AG
I have zero knowledge of this type of thing, but I'm guessing there is no way to protect yourself?
FatZilla
AG
tv1113 said:

I have zero knowledge of this type of thing, but I'm guessing there is no way to protect yourself?
Nothing simple to mitigate it. If you connection is faster, you could try DOS'ing them back lol
Sentinel
AG
They don't even have to DOS/DDOS. If they are the host, they can basically block your IP which will drop you from the game.
MaroonStain
AG
Any others still playing? I am still thrilled to play and have drastically improved.
Scotty Flamingo
Tested out the Centurion class....so OP. And I love it!

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.