Horizon:. Zero Dawn

21,582 Views | 199 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by fav13andac1)c
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This one snuck up on me. Looks like Final Fantasy and Metal Gear had a baby. Comes out Feb 28.

A is A
thaed137
AG
Yah I am a mixed bag on this one. Think it could be really great depending on game play and story or just be another miss in this type of genre.
bevokilla
AG
The trailers look so good it will probably be terrible.
wangus12
AG
I have hope. Sony is slowly building a database to convince to buy a PS4.
Tex117
AG
Commander Zavala?

Is this what happens when we don't beat the Machine god?
Geralt of Rivia
S
I pre-ordered it last weekend. I really hope I'm not disappointed once it comes out
RadAg14
AG
Reviews pouring in

89 on metacritic

spieg12
AG
Pre ordered the collectors edition last week. The game looks amazing graphically. I'm a big fan of open world games so hopefully this one is good.
ag_derp
AG
Getting really good reviews, IGN: 9.3 and Gamespot: 9
titanmaster_race
high hopes for this one may be well founded

FightinTexasAg15
AG
It's getting great reviews across the board, so I'm now looking at this one! Was 50/50 on it before
AGinHI
AG
This or Mass Effect.

What say you?
titanmaster_race
AGinHI said:

This or Mass Effect.

What say you?

HZD for me. As great as the story and characters are in ME, I never enjoyed the combat system.

Looks like neither will be a bad choice though.
wangus12
AG
AGinHI said:

This or Mass Effect.

What say you?
Mass Effect comes out in a month. Get both
AGinHI
AG
1 month

Still not enough time.

Unfinished games keep piling up.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I have Fallout 4 and I barely got past the opening mission. I just couldn't get into it for some reason. Maybe I'll give it another shot after HZD
tamusc
AG
I was on the fence for this one because I thought I was either going to be amazing or terrible. Based on the overwhelmingly positive reviews, it definitely seems to be amazing. I'll probably be picking it up to play before ME3 comes out.
hph6203
AG
There have been some negative reviews as well, but it seems like it's from people that couldn't accept the outlandish setting. I feel like I'd end up in that latter category, robot dinosaurs is a bit too far for my tastes.
tamusc
AG
hph6203 said:

There have been some negative reviews as well, but it seems like it's from people that couldn't accept the outlandish setting. I feel like I'd end up in that latter category, robot dinosaurs is a bit too far for my tastes.
Where have you read negative reviews? Every review I've read is in the good to excellent range.

The only negative review out of the 74 critic reviews on Metacritic is from a website I've never heard of.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/horizon-zero-dawn/critic-reviews

AggiEE
Yeah it's been pretty much universally praised.

I really can't wait for this. Been waiting for a killer app new IP this entire generation, feels like this is it.
hph6203
AG
Euro Gamer and US Gamer on Gamespot's review roundup were less than complimentary, and in general the reviews favor gameplay over story/voice acting. I hope everyone that buys it enjoys the game, for me I'm going to wait for a price drop, because I don't have faith that the story is going to justify robo dinos.
AggiEE
So 2 out of 100 reviews were mixed, the rest overwhelmingly positive

Day 1
titanmaster_race
is this a 4k game?
Geralt of Rivia
S
I've read that it is. Not that it will affect me any
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I've read that this is one of if not the best looking game (even beating out uncharted and others).

Comparisons of PS4 vs PS4 pro on 4K are actually not that far apart
titanmaster_race
Amazon used to do release day delivery when preordering a game with prime. I just preordered, but the expected arrival date says March 2nd.

Did they stop the release day deliveries?
Geralt of Rivia
S
I pre-ordered 2 weeks ago and it says it will arrive on release day. Maybe there is a cut off for it? I had it happen with a game a few months ago. I pre-ordered it on a Friday and expected it on Tuesday when it was released, but it didn't get to my house until Thursday.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Hmm not sure. I've used amazon to pre-order before and they always have gotten it to me on release day. Maybe they're getting a lot of orders and it's causing a backlog.

I usually like physical but I went digital when I preordered yesterday to make sure I can play ASAP.
spieg12
AG
I preordered two weeks ago. It's already shipped and shows delivery on Monday.
Claude!
I pre-ordered today and it's showing the March 2 estimated delivery, so I'm guessing there is a cut-off.
spieg12
AG
I guess I should clarify I preordered from best buy. The last game I preordered from them showed up two days before the actual release date. This one shows one day before.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I preordered from Target once, and the damn thing didn't ship until release day. Never again
titanmaster_race
Now I'm seeing the "preorder now to receive this the day it releases" option on amazon for HZD, and if I add it to my cart it says estimated delivery Feb 28th, but my preorder from yesterday still says March 2nd.

Wtf?
spieg12
AG
Cancel it and reorder. Unless they've already charged your card.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.