TiVo Roamio

867 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by bbattbq01
shimmeringshark
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We've recently cut the cord and now use streaming and OTA. After a brief period of adjustment we are fairly happy with our decision. We do miss, however, the ability to DVR OTA broadcasts. A friend suggested TiVo Roamio. Anyone have experience with this? If it works, my wife might start loving me again. TIA.
flakrat
AG
I just cut the cord a few weeks ago and am using a combination of Tivo Roamio OTA and Amazon FireTV (for DirecTvNow and Amazon Prime)

The Roamio is great and even has the ability to combine OTA content with streaming.

For example, say you've already signed into Amazon Prime app on the Raomio followed by setting up a season pass for an OTA show that also has past seasons on Prime, the Roamio can provide a full combined list in one view.

I still haven't experimented a lot with the Roamio, I'm sure there are a lot of cool features that I'm not yet aware of.

One thing that wish it had were more apps, like CBS All Access, DirecTVNow, ABC Go etc... Basically the common apps that you'd find on a Fire/AppleTV/Rooku.
PLUM LOCO
AG
Roamio
Charpie
AG
Love ours
akaggie05
AG
Bolt is the latest version, but Roamio is still perfectly good and can be had for less.
jaggiemaggie
AG
can't go wrong with Roamio.
Capitol Audio Video
I really like the Tivo.

The Tivo bolt box has a few nice features not included in the Roamio OTA (watch recorded shows on phones/tablets, 4k streaming vs only 1080 on Roamio, bolt over all has better/newer/faster hardware under the hood) but the Roamio is less than half the cost at $400 which include lifetime subscription while the Bolt costs $850 with a lifetime subscription.

edwardsk2003
AG
Have you seen or had any luck configuring tivo minis with ethernet to wifi adapters? I've got a TV above my fireplace and no coaxial/ethernet... I like the tivo prodoct but leaving towards Tablo (even with limited sound quality).

Curious to know if anyone else has done Tivo minis with wireless adapters.
bbattbq01
AG
edwardsk2003 said:

Have you seen or had any luck configuring tivo minis with ethernet to wifi adapters? I've got a TV above my fireplace and no coaxial/ethernet... I like the tivo prodoct but leaving towards Tablo (even with limited sound quality).

Curious to know if anyone else has done Tivo minis with wireless adapters.

I haven't with current generation TiVos since I had last ones before cutting the cord on moca, but did use the wireless adaptors the generation before. Seemed to work fine.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.